aberdeen-music

i want

Hog

I personally think a guitar sounds shit when tuned anything lower than B. Sweet guitar though!

Totally agree... 7 strings are v useful but when you start to tune them down you get into brown town sound!!

Especially those 8 string guitars used by Meshugga (or whoever the fuck they are) - utter bollocks. Leave the low end to the bassist!

Totally agree... 7 strings are v useful but when you start to tune them down you get into brown town sound!!

Especially those 8 string guitars used by Meshugga (or whoever the fuck they are) - utter bollocks. Leave the low end to the bassist!

Actually I was just about to say the only band that tune lower than B that I really like their guitar sound is Meshuggah. (although yes, I agree the new stuff is too detuned... E - or maybe F - a WHOLE octave below standard!) However, when they tuned to A on 7-strings their tone was fucking ace.

When they got 8-string guitars they sacked the bassist cos they didn't need him. Oops.

And Hog, Korn were one of those bands I was on about that I hate, too low for me!