aberdeen-music

Underapprieciated Aberdeen Bands

Gumpy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Aberdeen produces better solo artists than actual bands. Flight 19 are just too poppy to be taken seriously as a band im afraid to say.

too poppy, you mean like busted were too poppy to be a band?? didnt they sell a good few million records? Poppy/comercial music sells i would say thats a silly comment to make on your part ollie.

Guest stuartmaxwell

yeah but who takes busted seriously milner??

yeah they made money but look at them now, washed up fools who are resigned to a life of being abused in the street by absolute strangers.

busted made many kids happy but they also made a greater amount of people miserable

he didn't say they were too poppy to be pop or too serious to be taken seriously. he said they were too poppy to be taken seriously. which is a legitimate point(i don't necessarily agree, but it's still a point that should be allowed to stand as it was intended and not as you had distorted it).

pop acts or bands with a significant pop element to their music sometimes suffer in the credibility stakes be it rightly or wrongly.

i think this thread stinks btw, the first page set the tone from the off with folk putting in their own bands and their mates bands.

such a waste of our lives. why don't we get 4 pages of people earnestly discussing how they can bring music forward and the best way to open peoples minds to new bands who normally wouldn't care? instead of all this futile argumentative guff.

I saw Ghost of Bongo the other week... and I liked it!

I used to hate them... but they seemed to have improved a lot and gotten rid of the old "hey, let's pull out the accoustic guitar" moments...

:)

Most under rated bands in Aberdeen I think would have to be:

The X-Certs - They are pretty much thee best badn in Aberdeen at the minute...easily...

I'm goin to say it...

My Minds Weapon - I have seen people on here judge them because of their first release. They have progressed by miles.....

Quik - This band have got a sound sorted, I just think that they need to sort it out live...not the tightest of bands live, but they know how to put on a good show...

But then again I never saw them at their come back show....

Thats about it...

The rest of you are shit...

Only joking... :D