aberdeen-music

Emo/metalcore bands that should just die

kirkt

but then hawthorne heights and black maria also a million miles away from metalcore' date=' i always saw that as bleeding through etc...[/quote']

I dunno, I've never bothered thinking about it too much. I just don't care.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmbientMood

People who succumb to genres are naive in the first place and there's never going to be any way to poison them against whatever trend they have stupidly been sucked into. I think that the only way to achieve 'real' musical taste ('taste' not being an expression to express preference) is to unlock yourself from genres, even if your style of hair or clothing suggest an inclination to a type of music that has become more about fashion than sound.

Until you do that, you are just a 'noob' skimming the surface of what music is really about, thrashing out lame arguments over trivial points no-one cares about.

People are using 'metalcore' as a label, just like emo before it... and more often than not it's being used in the wrong way.

Although it should be plainly obvious, many people don't seem to understand that metalcore = metal + hardcore (i.e. the riffing of metal with the breakdown/vocal/lyrical aspect of hardcore). Not, metalcore = the current trendy music that is shit.

Take Killswitch Engage for example: Amazing 'metalcore' band that simply have great metal riffs and choruses with fat hardcore beatdowns and lyrics.

Metalcore describes a style of music, not a quality of music - and saying that "all metalcore is shit" cos of a few rubbish bands is as retarded as saying that all pakistanis are thieves because there was one on crimewatch.

A shit band is a shit band. A shit power metal band is a shit band. A shit grunge band is a shit band, and hence; A shit metalcore band is a shit band. But just cos a band plays 'metalcore' doesn't mean they're automatically shit.

Guest haigyman
People are using 'metalcore' as a label' date=' just like emo before it... and more often than not it's being used in the wrong way.

Although it should be plainly obvious, many people don't seem to understand that metalcore = metal + hardcore (i.e. the riffing of metal with the breakdown/vocal/lyrical aspect of hardcore). Not, metalcore = the current trendy music that is shit.

Take Killswitch Engage for example: Amazing 'metalcore' band that simply have great metal riffs and choruses with fat hardcore beatdowns and lyrics.

Metalcore describes a style of music, not a quality of music - and saying that "all metalcore is shit" cos of a few rubbish bands is as retarded as saying that all pakistanis are thieves because there was one on crimewatch.

A shit band is a shit band. A shit power metal band is a shit band. A shit grunge band is a shit band, and hence; A shit metalcore band is a shit band. But just cos a band plays 'metalcore' doesn't mean they're automatically shit.[/quote']

good post...

...but all pakis ARE thieves, aren't they?

People are using 'metalcore' as a label' date=' just like emo before it... and more often than not it's being used in the wrong way.

A shit band is a shit band. A shit power metal band is a shit band. A shit grunge band is a shit band, and hence; A shit metalcore band is a shit band. But just cos a band plays 'metalcore' doesn't mean they're automatically shit.[/quote']

I do agree. But the bands I mentioned seem to give the genre a bad name cos they seem to be so cliched and genetic. Theres no "core" in hawthorne heights. I do like metalcore bands like November Coming Fire, Stand, From Autumn to Ashes, Winter in June etc so I'm not completetly dismissive of such a genre. And the above mentioned Small Brown Bike are ace.