aberdeen-music

Ghost of Bongo

Guest Zeenat Aman

it was just directionless funk-rock dirge with no charisma or tunes.

must be the same band i accidentally saw in drummonds

oh yeh it is.....

first song was very clever muso pop - faultless but soulless, but I kinda enjoyed it in the way you might secretly like a song by Hard Fi but know that you shouldn't (not that thats happened to me - ahem -)

then it went into a muso poo funk workout for at least half an hour untill it forced me leave in search of some filter disco and lower quality lager

I've seen them a couple of times at Moorings...not totally my thing but good for a drunken night out' date=' and the keyboard player is great, agree with the "stevie wonder sound" comparison above!! Rhodes baby![/quote']

Muchas gracias :gringo:

Apologies for offending those other peoples ears! Was completely unintentional! Keep on enjoying your local music

lovin the basslines try 2 see all their gigs wit one of my m8s who loves them 2' date='but last 2 gigs their usual singer was gone,anyone know wat happened?[/quote']

We are in the unfortunate situation where our singer works offshore. As we still want to play music while he is away, we have started doing all the gigs we have booked rather than cancelling. The only problem with this is that there are a limited number of songs me and Frank (guitarist) can sing and play. I suppose we have been guilty of indulging in some experimental funk jams on these occasions, but the whole point of playing music is to enjoy yourself, and we enjoyed playing them.

If you want to see us with our usual singer, then you could come down to the Tunnels tonight where we will be supporting Fortune Drive. Doors open 7.30. If you are feeling adventurous and fancy a road trip, then we are playing this Thursday night Elliots Bar (Glasgow) and Stereo (Glasgow) on Monday 13th.

Always glad when people are enjoying the music. We will be moving away from Aberdeen (for various reasons) within 6 months so drink it up while you still can!

Take it easy

Ghost of Bongo (Colin/keys)