aberdeen-music

Judas Priest

Mouse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not preaching wee man Im laughing at the whole fucking ridiculous concept of a band like JP making a comeback

Id get it' date=' if it was MOTORHEAD or (crosses fingers) IRON MAIDEN cos they actually had some credibility in their time and were respected among their contemparies

but Judas fucking Preist!!!!!!

hehehe :D[/quote']

iron maiden are very much with us - headlining reading/leeds this year i believe, so are motorhead as well. they always were the best two bands from that era.

what next - a saxon reunion? (i shouldnt speak to soon....)

iron maiden are very much with us - headlining reading/leeds this year i believe' date=' so are motorhead as well. they always were the best two bands from that era.

what next - a saxon reunion? (i shouldnt speak to soon....)[/quote']

my point exactly ....good luck to the buggers cos they rock (kinda)

and yeh saxon were fucking hilarious too!

iron maiden are very much with us - headlining reading/leeds this year i believe' date=' so are motorhead as well. they always were the best two bands from that era.

what next - a saxon reunion? (i shouldnt speak to soon....)[/quote']

Actually Saxon never went away, they've been touring sports centres for years now. They financed their last album by getting money up-front from the fans.

Now don't go mistaking me for a saxon fan, that's one bridge too far, even for me.

And to be honest, priest were from the era before Motorhead and Maiden.... along with Sabbath they were part of the first wave of Heavy Metal. I can appreciate the fact that they look ridiculous, and have a huge number of crap tunes, but their good tunes utterly slay. And maybe some metal fans didn't like them in the '80s, but there were a whole fucking heap of gumbies who did.

Actually Saxon never went away' date=' they've been touring sports centres for years now. They financed their last album by getting money up-front from the fans.

Now don't go mistaking me for a saxon fan, that's one bridge too far, even for me.

And to be honest, priest were from the era before Motorhead and Maiden.... along with Sabbath they were part of the first wave of Heavy Metal. I can appreciate the fact that they look ridiculous, and have a huge number of crap tunes, but their good tunes utterly slay. And maybe some metal fans didn't like them in the '80s, but there were a whole fucking heap of gumbies who did.[/quote']

hmmmm

a bad point very well put!

so are saxon a netball team now?

Guest Zeenat Aman
priest were from the era before Motorhead and Maiden.... along with Sabbath they were part of the first wave of Heavy Metal.

Judas Priest were around in 1968/69?

Yep. They're supporting Alice Cooper at the SECC in November' date=' unfortunately. Now they really were utterly bollocks...[/quote']

its reassuring to know that a hardened metaller like yourself has limits!!!!!

i know its not the case with yourself and your atom chums (i think you were born with studded waistbands) but we seem to be experiencing the knock on effect of the success of the darkness.....

its reassuring to know that a hardened metaller like yourself has limits!!!!!

i know its not the case with yourself and your atom chums (i think you were born with studded waistbands) but we seem to be experiencing the knock on effect of the success of the darkness.....

I'm not really a fan of cock-rock... I go as far as Guns 'n' Roses, but Twisted Sister really are dire (although I must confess to secretly thinking the first 2 Skid Row albums rule.... but shhh!! Everyone has their secrets ;) )

I'm not really a fan of cock-rock... I go as far as Guns 'n' Roses' date=' but Twisted Sister really are dire (although I must confess to secretly thinking the first 2 Skid Row albums rule.... but shhh!! Everyone has their secrets ;) )[/quote']

don't worry joe, your secret is safe with me :rockon: we all have skeletons in our musical closet we're ashamed of, i own a couple of late 80's simple minds albums!

"Judas Priest have released eighteen albums to date' date=' the first being "Rocka Rolla" in 1974"

This makes me think they may have been non metal/heavy to begin with and then jumped on board![/quote']

Being minus 8 at the time, I couldn't really tell you. But given that we played metal for 5 years without being noticed I think it's certainly possible that Priest could have done the same thing. Certainly their early albums do rock quite hard, albeit in a shoddily produced kind of a way.

Guest Zeenat Aman
don't worry joe' date=' your secret is safe with me :rockon: we all have skeletons in our musical closet we're ashamed of, i own a couple of late 80's simple minds albums![/quote']

I used to like The Sex Pistols!!!

i've never understood the idea of music being relevant. what is it that makes one form of music relevant and another not? it always seems to come down to the age or the length of time it's been around for, meaning that to remain relevant, you'd need to be changing your cd collection every 6 months. why do people feel it necessary to brand others tastes as irrelevant? it might well be the case that bands like motley crue and judas priest are touring one last time to get some money together, but if people like their music and want to see those songs performed by the original lineup, what's the harm in that?

it looks as though people who complain about the relevance of genres are always looking for everyone to be trawling through every new release till they find the most obscure and underground thing they can, with this hope that music will suddely become so much better when everyone finds what they're listening to, but lets face it, every generation has had more much shit than good stuff and now is no exception.

listen to whatever you want to. fuck what anyone else says.

anyone else seeing hanson at the academy tonight? :D

spoons

/x

i've never understood the idea of music being relevant. what is it that makes one form of music relevant and another not? it always seems to come down to the age or the length of time it's been around for' date=' meaning that to remain relevant, you'd need to be changing your cd collection every 6 months. why do people feel it necessary to brand others tastes as irrelevant? it might well be the case that bands like motley crue and judas priest are touring one last time to get some money together, but if people like their music and want to see those songs performed by the original lineup, what's the harm in that?

it looks as though people who complain about the relevance of genres are always looking for everyone to be trawling through every new release till they find the most obscure and underground thing they can, with this hope that music will suddely become so much better when everyone finds what they're listening to, but lets face it, every generation has had more much shit than good stuff and now is no exception.

listen to whatever you want to. fuck what anyone else says.

anyone else seeing hanson at the academy tonight? :D

spoons

/x[/quote']

some relevant points there i feel, personally i just listen to what i like and am always on the look out for new stuff. i dont think people purposely go looking for obscure stuff just so they can brag about it on messageboards like this. i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we like what we like and stuff everyone else.

however the whole relevance thing does bring up a totally different debate and is not to be confused with the actual process of listening to the music. its just that people like me and betamax tire of these endless reforms by bands who are purely in it for the money and their own personal egos. i'm not just pinpointing metal bands here - i thought the pixies reforming was a bad idea but had a lot of people wetting their beds. though you could argue that pixies songs are more relevant in the general scheme of things than judas priest, that matters not one jot to those who love judas priests music. however i can argue a good case for new order still treading the boards though the new single is a rehash of stuff they've done in the past, but hell i'm a massive fan and will continue to love them. and i'm very concerned that peter hook has turned into shadrach from emmerdale - he still looks cool as fuck as he approaches 50 mind.

dunno i find it an interesting debate and not one to be taken too seriously!

to me finding new stuff is a buzz

fuck all to do with impressing anyone else, in fact Im fairly secretive about new stuff i listen to cos people tend to dismiss it initially anyway

no one is that shallow eh?

but dragging out sub standard bollocks from the past and trying to pass it off as cool when it never has been, is lazy marketing for lazy music listeners...zzzzzzzzzz

and JP are dirty fucking paedo bastards (probably)