aberdeen-music

Fudge Presents:GOLDBLADE

Camie

you probably weren't drunk enough :) go on' date=' tell me, who did you see before?

[/quote']

i was easily drunk enough to enjoy any rubbish, but it was soooooo bad, cant remember who was on, didnt actually know at the time cos I only went by accident anyway and was too drunk to read the posters

there was some indie band with acoustic guitars whining - they had no songs, just whiny shit

there was an emo angsty band trying be lovable/angry - they had no songs, just angsty shit

erm and another band that were actually blander than the first two and are therefor not describable, they had no songs, and were undescribably shit

the disfunctional Ant and Dec style compares weren't funny (even in a thats-so-shit-its-funny-way) either, despite the double vodkas I was downing to remove the pain of the bands....i even tried to pretend it was an Art statement illustrating that if things got so shit thay actually stop being shit.....like two negative polarities creating a positive force....but no it was just total poo

i asked someone why a night so shit was even allowed to happen, and was told ''Its a Fudge gig man, theyre all like this!''

but i reckon the Goldblade one should make up for it like! :D

Here's a plan for anyone that's interested in some high jinks. MacKays of Queen Street... yes THAT! shop has around 40' date='000 second hand lab coats on sale right now. Well OK that's not entirely true - they've been on sale for the past 15 years... BUT wouldn't it be freaky for both the mutants at MacKays and the bands, especially Goldblade if 150 people showed up wearing labcoats?

"Picture a man..." nah nee nah nah, nah nee nah nah.[/quote']

Ah Flash, you may have a fun idea there! You could buy a bunch and sell them at the bar to anyone stupid enough to have worn their fanciest Moshulu getup to the gig... ;)

i even tried to pretend it was an Art statement illustrating that if things got so shit thay actually stop being shit.....like two negative polarities creating a positive force....but no it was just total poo

i asked someone why a night so shit was even allowed to happen' date=' and was told ''Its a Fudge gig man, theyre all like this!''[/quote']

yup. welcome to our hell. some nights are quite good though.

where do you stand on electric eel shock? they were fantastic, and that was probably my favourite fudgenight...

Guest tv tanned

spare a thought for me on Friday, busy being a charitable soul at a fundraiser for renal dialysis charity due to longstanding commitment.

I'll be trying not to cry into my beer about missing the Soul Power...

Still seen 'em in 97, so it could be worse...

I think this will be well attended, not only Goldblade but first Karloff gig since january, the debut gig of the almighty Planeteers. We're gonna clean this world up and start with the Moorings on friday. Will we be the greatest rock n'roll eco-warriors of the 21st century? I wouldn't bet against us thats for sure.