aberdeen-music

For ANY mods!! Thats moderators!!

Guest highroller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

About a year ago I think or maybe less, We asked if I could moderate the Quik forum.

Now apparently it was put to the vote by all the moderators and one or two said no! hmm that lifeshade dude i reckon!!

Anyway...Aw's manager does theirs, Patrick Boo does his..you get my point!!

Id like this looked at again please because I feel that one of the band SHOULD moderate the board and myself and Craig are on it EVERYDAY without fail.

Thanks Ben

'Twas not me, your honour. I was only a moderator for a few short months between around march and august, moderating the x-certs and clubs&venues forums. i don't remember even been asked about bands moderating their own forums. in fact, i think the only thing i ever said as a moderator was "aye, sounds good" when neil suggested charlotte and stephen for moderators.

But your gut feeling was correct, i think you're a tool.

Wow, I was caught out pretty quickly there. [see this] That whole saga only last from 15-01-2004 at 16:10 to 13-02-2004 at 16:04.

And to think, if I hadn't made a few glarily huge hints across several forums including the AUBL I may never have been found out. Or indeed, if Stephen hadn't posted the link in this thread several times I might still be getting away with slaggin off the mods. Let that be a warning to you kids!

Still, it makes you wonder whether Rico actually came on our forum to check up on it, or because someone tipped him off to the fact that I was taking the piss.

Not to be cynical of course.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest highroller

Re: Re: For ANY mods!! Thats moderators!!

Originally posted by spellchecker:

'Twas not me, your honour. I was only a moderator for a few short months between around march and august, moderating the x-certs and clubs&venues forums. i don't remember even been asked about bands moderating their own forums. in fact, i think the only thing i ever said as a moderator was "aye, sounds good" when neil suggested charlotte and stephen for moderators.

But your gut feeling was correct, i think you're a tool.

Thought you might think i am...tsk its awful when your not very good band just falls apart isnt it and you despise others for doing ok....

Guest highroller

I know mate...but the case is screwed anyway!! Neil aint going to let a member of Quik moderate our board so...fair play...!

Thing im noticing is that people are always picking up on me, even when i just defend myself against a random insult to me...i always come out wrong though huh?

Ach well Rob...at least you think im a nice guy...i hope!!

Re: Re: Re: For ANY mods!! Thats moderators!!

Thought you might think i am...tsk its awful when your not very good band just falls apart isnt it and you despise others for doing ok....

I don't think we've fallen apart, at least we hadn't last time I checked. Mind you, I haven't seen my fellow bandmates since yesterday, so anything could have happened since then. We're "good" enough to be alongside My Mind's Weapon on the last fudge fanzine cd, though I admit that's perhaps not the greatest accolade. We're track 15 I think, incase your cd player got stuck on track 3.

We have changed names mind, and I admit we haven't played a gig in Aberdeen since last September - you got me there Sheriff!! So I suppose, in an Aberdeen sort of way, we really are falling apart.

Thing im noticing is that people are always picking up on me, even when i just defend myself against a random insult to me...i always come out wrong though huh?

Ach well Rob...at least you think im a nice guy...i hope!!

Yeah, I have no bones to rattle with you.

You do come across on these forums as somewhat "FULL ON, MAN!", though. Be a bit calmer, take things with a truckload of salt, no problemo. Anyone who's opinion is worth caring about knows that the empty can rattles the most, so it's unnessecary to rebuke people who seem to be on a mission to bring you down. You don't need to try and make them look stupid, most of them manage that all by themselves.