aberdeen-music

New Dr Who series

jester1470

The first episode of the new Dr Who series has been leaked on the net, and who'd have thought it, its actually pretty good, even Billie. The effects are ok (excepting some very dodgy cgi in a cafe scene), the story is what you expoect from Dr Who and the biggest surprise to me is how good Christopher Eccleston is as the Dr. For people like me of a certain age Dr Who was a staple of growing up and excepting the rather dodgy tv movie of the mid 90's i never thought it would be resurrected. Well done the BBC for actually making some effort in it and keeping enough of it consistant with the series i remember including a radically different but strangely familiar interior of the tardis..

Favourite Quote :

Rose to the DR: "if you're an alien how come you sound like your from up North"

Dr to Rose : "lots of planets have a North tho"

Oh yeah and Billie was kinda hot too :)

Cheers

Stuart

I naturally think it looks ACE!! And i have nothing but unfailing optimism for the series. Just the promise of dalleks makes me go all goosepimply

No daleks in the first episoide but they do go for an enemy used before in the 70s, the autons and the nestene consciousness which is a nice link to the past.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest tv tanned

phew, sounds like a relief.

I cannot help but think of the disaster that was Bonnie Langford though, whenever I think about Billie as the sidekick...