aberdeen-music

Peter Doherty in an Islington Prison

Guest spanish guitar

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Looks like the fucking muppet's being kept in the clink over the weekend too. Those withdrawal symptoms'll nip a bit. Kate Moss will, of course, move heaven and earth to visit him as much as possible because she cares so much.

Although I agree with the majority of the sentiments expressed above, i find it worrying that the British press and the music loving public are standing watching Doherty die, because lets face it, hes going to very soon; and its almost positive it'll be suicide. hes seeing how far he can push his drug taking, and sooner or later its gonna take it toll and someones gonna find him hanging from a rope. the shite national tabloid rags are running front page articles on a dying junkie to sell fucking papers.

i dont know whats sadder, the fact that someone that had so much and is idolised by so many is slowly fading away, or the fact that our culture feels the need to capitalise on someones demise.

Guest Main Agent
i dont know whats sadder, the fact that someone that had so much and is idolised by so many is slowly fading away, or the fact that our culture feels the need to capitalise on someones demise.

Yes we should have some more of this sort of stuff on our tellies and papers. Its like sport!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Although I agree with the majority of the sentiments expressed above' date=' i find it worrying that the British press and the music loving public are standing watching Doherty die, because lets face it, hes going to very soon; and its almost positive it'll be suicide. hes seeing how far he can push his drug taking, and sooner or later its gonna take it toll and someones gonna find him hanging from a rope.[/quote']

I see where you're coming from here, but the fact remains that he chose to start pumping his system full of junk, nobody forced him to. He's responsible for his own actions and if those consequences are his premature death, then so be it. It's his problem and his alone. Certainly, addiction isn't a crime but it isn't anyone else's problem.