aberdeen-music

Help, I'm needing a band!!!!!!

quitefrankly

Hey all.

Well, what can I say. I need band members. Does anyone else get pissed off when you have loads of song ideas but all the band members you try and get together say they love music but are always brushing their teeth when you wanna get a practise.

I'm a guitarist. I stay up through the night and write songs and I have a bunch of what I think is good material ready to be worked upon. The catch is, I don't have anybody to work on it with. I also play drums. :puke:

If you fancy a jam or more info, please get in touch. I'm a student at Hillhead so naturally poor as fuck but have loads of time to practise. The stuff I am writing is a mixture of Elliot Smith, Biffy Clyro, the Yeh Yeh Yeh's, nirvana and my own unique brand of song writing. If you are a drummer, bassist or whatever, and like to play all the time, I am the man for you. I'm 18, and if I am not getting regular practise by the time I'm 20, I'm going to start streaking at Razorlight concerts.

All the best, Neil :puke:

add on

Er, I forgot to mention I played with the Fontains, a punk, alt band I formed in school. We were gettin on pretty well until the people I played with discovered that you could yawn and fart at the same time. I hear thats what broke Rage Against the Machine up. Anyway, we did a few gigs and made an EP, and worked with Kevin Brown of the Beautiful South. However, now being at university, I need a new start. C0ME on people, all abilities welcome, but it would be good if you had equipment to gig with. Ta

Neil

well you said all abilities welcome----i have a drum kit but havnt been practicing for quite some time. Ive never done a live gig either but am really into doing something soon. Im into interpol, love the yeah yeah yeahs ------and any other art-rock type stuff like art brut.

im not sure if im very good at drumming either ----sorry not selling my self well ......its a long story basically im getting back into practicing so maye u can evaluate me talents at some stage. we could have a jam

hey thanks tranzmute

hey man, it was good to get your reply. All I would say is that in future be sure to make more of yourself! I just about cried reading your post! Yeh, I am interested, all I ask is that you are dedicated and like to practise. My songs don't exactly ask for keith moon beats anyway, so whatever you can offer I'm sure will be fine. In the mean time, get a listen to this other guys stuff and see if you like it. Then if you are still up for it say so and we'll get started.

Now, get that kit together and go mental!

hey youth gone wild

alright chief, thanks for the link I had a listen and a reckon we could do great things together. The stuff you write is up my street, a lot sounds like early pearl jam and other bits like the pumpkins, both bands I love. what do you think of transmute on drums? I got about fifteen songs ready to play, with lyrics and everything, I say we look for a bass player

Cheers man this really made my day

Neil

Oh the joys of living in Hillhead! I remember those days. I actually live not far from there (next to the BP garage King Street) so if you are ever up for jam... I have an electric, acousitc guitar and amp. I also write songs/sing. So if needed I would be willing to contribute in that area. Though would be willing to play just guitar or just sing or both. Most probably best suited as a rhythm guitarist.

By the way have the got a new drum kit in the practise room there? Just remember it being in tattered pieces when I was there.

Keep jammin'

Patch

hey patch

yeh man, I'm up for a jam some time, i'll pm you with a date sometime. By the way, the drum kit up here is one heap of shit still, but there was word that a new one was on the cards. But in my humble opinion theres more chance of a duet involving Kurt Cobain and Charlie from busted, if you know what I mean. Cya around.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JockeySnogger
Hey' date=' I just read your post again, and Im confused. Are you one of these wierd guys who does not like to be called man because they thing themselves as above all the stereotypical mailefactions like scratching your balls and talking about sex, or are you actually a woman?[/quote']

abdadaw.gifabdadaw.gifabdadaw.gifabdadaw.gif

2005 Most confused Man over a Woman Post 2005