aberdeen-music

One Year Ago Today...

Flash@TMB

One year ago today we closed for rennovations and ended up demolishing the interior of the bar and all but started again (although it turned out looking exactly the same).

Unfortunately Freddy the Toilet fungus passed away during the course of the rennovations. He has been sorely missed. OK that last sentence isn't entirely true.

Does anyone have good stories about the old bogs to share? OK delete the word 'good', does anyone have old Moorings bogs stories to share?

I still remember the time I caught a guy shitting on the floor... I mean what the fuck did he think the sinks were for doh!

Then there was the time that Frankenfurter fell 'asleep' in the urinal.

But my all time favourite was the Sat Night that someone dropped a 1p into the urinal and everyone else assumed it must be some sort of wishing well, and by the end of the night we ended up with about 20 in assorted change.

Then there was the worlds largest bogie contest that ran for the best part of a decade... Not sure who won in the end but it was the size of a small slug. Err and it clung to that tile for over 4 years, until one of the builders took it out with a sledgehammer.

Oooh I'm going all misty eyed.

Yes, and I remember when someone stuck up a poster of Pamela Anderson on the wall. (Well I think it was Pammy.)

I also remember, before the stage, a drunken Simon hugging the famous black curtain on his birthday.

And then there was the Moorings pool team that lasted about 3 games. (Such sportsmen that we were.)

Memories.....

Yes' date=' and I remember when someone stuck up a poster of Pamela Anderson on the wall. (Well I think it was Pammy.)

I also remember, before the stage, a drunken Simon hugging the famous black curtain on his birthday.

And then there was the Moorings pool team that lasted about 3 games. (Such sportsmen that we were.)

Memories.....[/quote']

It was Jordan who IMO is a pig. At least she stopped me from getting a hard on when I went to pee.

The green and blue flourescent lights were the best all the mould, fungis, and boogers used to glow, proving that they were indeed psychoactive.

Remember when "redrum" was written opposite the mirror in lipstick... or the "Would patrons please refrain from eating the urinal cakes" sign. How about the dude that cut his hand on the tiles, and when he complained to Janice she gave him a colouring in book, and a packet of crayons, and told him to sit in the corner and be quiet.

I remember some guy ending up in casualty chasing me into those toilets with a bucket of water. He had a very bad fall and was in cutches for weeks. This was the water fight the night before Helen and John closed for rennovations. God knows why I ran into the mens toilets!! I mean - what was I hoping to see? Does anyone remember that waterfight? There was a band playing - I think they were from Wales. They were well pissed of and very worried about their gear with all the water that was flying about!!