aberdeen-music

The Story Of Ricky (A.K.A. Riki-Ho)

Paulscoconutass

I've seen a lot of fucked up films in my times, but nothing compares to the crazyness that is... The Story Of Ricky. Made in 1991, this film is pretty much a genre-less gore-fest, everything's included from comedy to action to crime, it's all there. Set in a prison in 2001 you know it's going to be fiucked up when the opening blurb is something like

"2001AD, democratic governments have sold everything from prisons to parking lots over to corporations: violence rules" - you see what the commies did there. down with democracy and all that.

storyofricky3.jpg

So anyway, the story's about a guy called Ricky, i think he's a pansy, but everyone's scared of him 'cos he's got 'super-bad-ass-strength'. The very first gore scene is an old guy getting his face re-arranged with a PLANE! then ricky beats this guy up by tripping him up on to a block of wood covered in nails..... setting the tone for the greatest film ever made.

So Ricky runs around beating everyone else up in prison, punching through arms legs and other peoples punches, he looks real tough... but when no-one's watching this pansy sits in a corner thinking about his dead girlfriend and playing a pan pipe...

storyofricky4.jpg

So much violent but amature gore, it's amazing.

"THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL GORY FU FLICKS! Plainly amazing, we're talking heads punched in half, guys using their intestines (hanging out of their body cavity) to strangle Ricky, people exploding, and internal organs flying all over the place."

A clip of a head exploding...

Don't click if you're a wussy or if you hate fake gore

Highlights

6 mins-RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST AN OLD MAN!

7 mins-OUCH! (Wood lathe - plane - to the face.)

8 mins-OUCH! (Block of nails through the hand into the face.)

16 mins-OUCH! (Punched through the stomach.)

17 mins-Where did the hole in Ricky's hand go?

31 mins-Man, I would not want to get chopped with that thing.

32 mins-Slow motion, this is going to suck for you buddy. OUCH! (Chopper thing to the head.)

42 mins-Yeah, his fingers matched the notes he was playing...

45 mins-OUCH! (Knife skinning his face.)

46 mins-Doesn't anybody stay in their cell around here?

47 mins-RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A GOLDFISH!

48 mins-Hehehehe! What was that goofy stuff?

58 mins-OUCH! (Cane through the eye.)

62 mins-OUCH! (Punch through the jaw and hand.)

69 mins-RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A DOG!

74 mins-Don't warn your hero that a backhoe is sneaking up on him.

75 mins-OUCH! (Very large wrench to the head.)

80 mins-OUCH! (Head punched in half.)

Check the film out.

Sounds like an ace film!

Old Boy is supposedly good as well.

Oldboy is definately l bomb.

And aye, i've been wanting to buy Wild Zero for ages but i've got a list of about 50 other b-movies i want to buy first...

Video Violence

Tromeo & Juilet

Street Trash

Redneck Zombies

Meet the Feelbles

and The Gore-Gore girls to name but a few....

• 1 month later...

Holy Shit. Just watched another film from the box set, Dragon From Russia:

dfr3.jpg

The assasins have to co-ordinate their feet and hands.

This has got some of the best, most dynamic fight scenes i've seen in any film. The action and fight sequences are so great that the plot seems to take a back seat, and the fighting has everything from wired acrobatics to beautiful weapon-work. It's not the best film i've seen by any stretch of the imagination but the dubbing and subtitles (when put together) are so far appart that it's worth getting the film for alone.

dfr4.jpg

The two films so far are from the box set Manga In Motion. Well worth buying if anyone happens to find it lying around.

manga_in_motion.jpg

City Hunter: Jackie Chan stars as Ryu Saeba in this hilarious, lightning-paced tribute to the ass-kicking, girl chasing detective from the popular Manga strip "City Hunter".

Dragon From Russia: Based on the Legend of Crying Freeman, 'Dragon from Russia' is a spectacular, visually flamboyant 'Manga in motion' concept adventure from the director of 'Naked Killer'.

An invincible killer, the Crying Freeman is the most skilled assassin of the Secret Chinese Society, 'The 108 Dragons'. Once an ordinary artist, with a passion for life and love, he was kidnapped by the society's leader, the Dragon Master, and trained in the deadly arts of the sect. His memory erased, he has no recollection of his former life, and has been programmed to kill at the command of his new masters. However, he cannot escape the echo of his own humanity, and cries tears of sadness each time he takes the life of a victim. When he is tasked with the assassination of his former girlfriend, she breaks the spell, and the two are forced to go on the run from the deadly Dragon sect who will stop at nothing to avenge their betrayal...

Story Of Ricky (aka Riki-Oh): Equal parts martial arts movie, futuristic prison picture and sci-fi monster flick, 'The Story Of Ricky' is set in an alternative universe similar to our own. After killing the drug dealer responsible for his girlfriend's death, Ricky (Siu-Wong Fan) finds himself banged up in a prison ruled by a corrupt warden and a group of super-mercenaries known as the Gang of Four. Trained in an especially deadly form of martial arts, and possessing super-human strength making him virtually indestructible, Ricky responds to the bullying of various inmates, prison guards and the Gang of Four in the only way he knows how!

A hilarious, crowd-pleasing party movie if ever there was one, this is one film that really does have to be seen to be believed!

• 2 weeks later...