aberdeen-music

the homeless are lucky...

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That is a terrible state of affairs. Could you not like "chuck her out" then the council would be obliged to house her and give her income support.

I hope it all works out for you.

We did speak about that, but I would feel fucking awful about it and neither of us want to go down that road. It says something about how rotten a system it is that we'd be better off lying about the situation. She has been offered a lovely 3-bedroom flat and accepted it. Problem is, the keys have to go to the Works Department first and we've no way of knowing how long that'll take. Could be next week, could be months! And no Income Support until she's in there! My God, what a fucking world we live in. Her parents live in Selkirk, all they can really do is send up money, which they've started doing since we've exhausted all the options. It WILL work out, I'm bloody determined. Hey Doc, thanks for your kind words.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did speak about that' date=' but I would feel fucking awful about it and neither of us want to go down that road. It says something about how rotten a system it is that we'd be better off lying about the situation. She has been offered a lovely 3-bedroom flat and accepted it. Problem is, the keys have to go to the Works Department first and we've no way of knowing how long that'll take. Could be next week, could be months! And no Income Support until she's in there! My God, what a fucking world we live in. Her parents live in Selkirk, all they can really do is send up money, which they've started doing since we've exhausted all the options. It WILL work out, I'm bloody determined. Hey Doc, thanks for your kind words.[/quote']

At least you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel and she knows she's not alone.