aberdeen-music

email

Skittles

I have a litte question here.

I have a number of email addresses now and want life to be simpler.

I have gmail and I'd like that to be my main addy, and was wondering how i could get my mail thats been sent to another address (example: someone sends something to the philreid@hotmail) is there a way i can get that to go to my gmail account instead?

bugger knows if you catch what i mean, but if somebody does, please tell us how

Guest onlynik

Use thunderbird, its quite good as a pop3/imap client, however if you are wanting to use hotmail, I think you are restricted to using outlook/ outlook express because its a webmail rather than pop (you can configure Yahoo to be picked up by a pop client), saying that this functionallity will stop next year as Microsoft try to combat spam originating from the Hotmail domain.

You can pick up almost ANY webmail email (even if it doesn't support pop3 access) by using a 'middle-man'

Go here: http://www.freepops.org

Download their program, and read the easy to follow documentation. It is very easy to set up your outlook express or ANY client, to recieve both hotmail AND gmail accounts. They have modules for all major web based mail accounts.

When hotmail stops offering access via outlook, you can assume that FreePOPs will be updated to work with the new system..