aberdeen-music

A chat room suggestion..

che

Have you thought about integrating the chat room more fully into the website, so it doesn't feel like you're *leaving* the site to use it?

I see you're using the vBAdvanced CMPS, and there is a module available to display the chat in an iframe, so that it will still look like part of the site.. Just thought it might be something to try.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2700

Have you thought about integrating the chat room more fully into the website' date=' so it doesn't feel like you're *leaving* the site to use it?

I see you're using the vBAdvanced CMPS, and there is a module available to display the chat in an iframe, so that it will still look like part of the site.. Just thought it might be something to try.

[url']http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2700

Actually, I did take a look at that module (it was through the vBAdvanced site I discovered FlashChat in the first place!) but decided not to use it. I figured that people with lower resolutions would appreciate the full sized FlashChat window rather than placing it within an iFrame - but that is just my opinion.

I created my own vBAdvanced custom module to list how many people are in each chat room so there is at least some visibility of the chat rooms on the home page.

Yeh I saw it, which sent me on my quest trying to find the module...which I now see you made yourself ;)

apparently using the info.php (from FC) you can also list the users online..which is what I'm playing with at the moment..

but yeh, good point about the resolution.

Yeh I saw it' date=' which sent me on my quest trying to find the module...which I now see you made yourself ;)

apparently using the info.php (from FC) you can also list the users online..which is what I'm playing with at the moment..

but yeh, good point about the resolution.[/quote']

I used info.php as the basis of my custom vBadvanced module. If you want a copy of it then just let me know.