aberdeen-music

Fender mustang query

meiklejohn

Personally think you'll regret it Scott. Gone from a tsl cos you wanted to try a fender and sold on probably the most popular gigging amp of all time in a hot rod deluxe. Don't think a modelling amp will be up your street after the tube amps you've had. I had a cube and Roland are known for making pretty good quality fx. I can't say it's fenders strong point. Seems to be lots of them for sale there must be a reason. They are half the price of a hot rod deluxe new. There's a reason.

Edited by Steviepearce

I played a gig in saturday with a marshall AVT and although I wasn't blown away, I wasn't disgusted, the other guitarist uses one too, they were semi respectable... However I prefer the fender sound, I figured the mustang is the the only solid state amp that would be worthy of gigging? I prefer tube amps, I've had some great amps but I'm always scared it fucks up and I'm left in a situation that none of us want to be in. Solid state amps are impossible (not literally) to Fuck up.

My thinking was, if I could get a nice fender clean, I can get the rest of my sound with my pedal board. As long as it takes pedals well, especially a volume boost.