aberdeen-music

Vox nightrain 50h help!

meiklejohn

Hey, posting on behalf of my other guitarist...

Last week at practice we set up our gear like normal, he set up his vox nightrain 50 watt head, warmed the valves, went to use it and there was no sound... Like nothing at all, not even a hum, the tubes were all glowing, everything was on and up loud enough to hear.

Any ideas what could of happened that's causing this? We tested the cab with another head and it was fine, tested the head with another cab too and still nothing. Is it fooked or could it be something simple? Knowledge is pretty limited with tube amps I don't like to poke about with them too much.

Any advice would be good.

Cheers!

Edited by meiklejohn

Sounds like the sloblo fuse. If yhou look on the back panel somewhere yhou should see a wee fuse holder. not sure what it looks like on an Orange amp. On my marshall it just looked like a 10mm dim black plastic thing with a screwdriver slot in it. Switch off the amp at the mains and remove this fuse for a look. I think it's something like 2amp or something...put it on the volt meter to check it out. They are not hard to get and cheap (if it is that of course).

I might be wrong though, but it sounds like the same that used to happen to me.

• 2 weeks later...