aberdeen-music

Grinding Crusty Violence - Wed 29/09

MitchPact

Guest allsystemsfail
http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/not_straight_edge/most%20precious%20blood/

there you go sir' date=' im feeling ohh so ill now erggghh but will see what im like later on in the day[/quote']

Shifting the discussion somewhat, but do you shop in Holland and Barrett + wear a Misfits shirt? Your avatar caught my attention.

Guest Nikola Tesla

Just got back from this gig... all i gotta say is wow. another great underground gig at drakes.

Our set was ok.... im not going to give props to my own band i'll let you guys decide what we were like.

Filthpact were immense as ever.. with the new mateiral sounding very nice :up:

Easpa Measa were imo better than the last time i heard them. Great music, good conviction in their political beliefs.. great stuff in total..

cheers to anyone who came early enough to check out Evac, and thanks again to dave for putting us on.

stu.

A great sounding night in Drakes once again :)

Evacuating Heaven : A lot louder, a lot crisper and generally more pleasing than at the Truant gig on Sunday. Particularly like the last song in the set which is slightly slower and has the higher guitar parts combined with the screaming. Amusing heckling from Jake and N.M's fingers making me feel a bit sick watching them on one particular guitar part made for a good set. :up:

Filthpact : Sounded immense last night. One of the few bands I see enough to judge I guess but they really do seem to get better every time I see them - not a weak link in there at all. Mr.Rowland's vocals especially impressive last night. Selling all 300 pressings of the Afterbirth split before they get back might not be that ridiculous...

Easpa Measa : I saw them before with Snowblood and you'd be hard pushed to tell it was the same band to be honest. Clodagh's vocals I recall being pretty annoying if I'm honest and there just wasn't much that I remember impressing me. This time round however holy cow! Can't have any complaints about the dual vocal assault (highest pitched screaming I think I've seen in a band apart from perhaps Queen Adreena) and the thunderous backdrop provided by the guys was brilliant. Justified encore even though they looked almost embarassed to do it. All in all three thumbs up for the bands and cheers to Dave and Drakes for another great night :)

Em... I don't really have much to say about last nights gig.

Us at Evac were altogether pleased with our performance, with only a few minor slip ups here and there.

Filthpact were great as always. The new stuff sounds cool as fuck.

Easpa Measa were fucking awesome also. Didn't enjoy them so much when I saw them play with Snowblood, but really enjoyed their set.

Em... thats all I've got to say really.

Good luck with the tour, and thanks for letting us play that gig! :up:

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

ah, twas a very good gig.

evacuating heaven were very good, a lot better musically than on sunday, and altogether rather cool.

filthpact were awesome, completely held my attention from start to end, all so talented. and i love dave's screaming. most entertaining point: dave getting teased about his new girlfrend, hehe.

easpa measa were ace! i saw them last time with snowblood and thought they were awesome then too, but they sound completely different, a lot tighter and much more together.

all in all, it was excellent. thanks to dave and all the bands, etc.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I thought that it was a bit of a mixed bag, myself.

Evacuating Heaven : The first time I've seen them and I enjoyed it greatly. Stu's vox seem more shouty than growly and Calum's drumming has come on a ton lately! I told Scorge that he must at least match this. Despite the blatant Spike rip-off that is "Fake Tan" I won't hold it against them! Look forward to gigging with you guys in November and keep it up, nice one.

Filthpact : They never let me down. The drums seemed a bit quieter than normal, and Dave (guitar) reckoned they had an off night. I disagree, they were as raging as ever so top marks once again. The new stuff in particular was a treat for the lugs.

Easpa Measa : Oh dear. There seemed to be a ton of bands playing this stuff in the nineties and it damn near drove me away from punk altogether. I just can't get excited about it at all. Boring metal riffs, male/female trade-off vocals, fast(ish) stuff, it bores the shit out of me. Sincere in their convictions but to me it was just rent-a-cliche. Some folks reckon it's the punkest thing ever, but to me it is the antithesis of punk. Shite.

Still, well worth the 3.50 in and I picked up the Hated Youth/Roach Motel split LP so a good night.

Guest allsystemsfail

As I was meeting a friend who'd come to visit from Australia, missed Evacuating Heaven + caught only the end of Filthpact's set. :(

Easpa Measa? Awesome band. And the dual male/female vox? I always love that. And of course I'm a sucker for female vocals. Was cool hearing some politics too between songs. Really not enough bands do this. You ain't gonna catch the lyrics, so it's extremely important so as to get a message out there, to explain at some length about what the songs are about.