aberdeen-music

Doube bass pedals.

Guest Scorge Spike

Cheeeeeesh

Well' date=' because, as you kindly pointed out, I will be performing in [b']Drummonds with my band Suvara on Sunday 26th September, at the Bizathon gig, doors 2pm I will try to explain. Even though I don't really understand the question, obviously...

There are a few factors involved in the feel of a kick drum, for example

The smoothness of the action, ie the quality of the chain drive, the amount of play in the linkages etc

The tension of the springs

The size and weight of the beaters.

The beater heads on the Iron Cobras are usually small, almost like discs, with very little weight-

tama_iron_cobra_double.jpg

so don't carry much momentum themselves. The tension on the springs therefore plays quite a large part in the response. Personally I find this to be like driving in a nail with a toffee hammer, but hitting it really hard. I prefer a heftier beater head -

dw_5002ad_double_pedal.jpg

that 'fights back' like a large ball-pein swinging at the nail, Basically it feels more like hitting the skin than pushing into it.

As regards the sound, I would imagine these factors would only be relevant as far as how hard the kick drum is actually being struck, which probably varies more due to the player's style anyway. More relevant to the tone would be the material of the beater head, being felt, plastic or whatever.

This is possibly just all bollocks, but I tried. I did say it was hard to explain. This is my opinion only, with respect to my playing style. I'm not really into fast double kicking, blast beats or whatever, maybe they are ideal for that, I don't know.

Right/left foot presses pedal at appropriate moments during song!

Drum produces sound

Sound engineer makes it sound like a pillow

Egocentric singer prances around stage

Band leave!

I was beginning to think I was reading 'someone elses' long winded threads and replies!

LOVE YOU ALL

Jim

:devil::kiss:

Doubl Trouble

I use a Ludwig Speedking with a big DW beater,it's as loud and fast as using double beaters,minus all the hassle that goes with them,I used to use double beaters and double hi hats,great fun ,but a pain in the arse to set up.

Everyone come to BizATHON 2004 2pm-12pm Sun 26th,THAT'S THIS SUNDAY.

Oh!, and by the way my Roland V drums play even faster than the speedking,and as loud as you want at the turn of a switch,and that's using a bog standard premier 20 something pedal.