aberdeen-music

Keyboard/Synth/Modules Advice

Alkaline

RockAustin did you have a listen? Think I could do anything with those or should I ditch and start fresh?

Also, a little off topic (don't close the thread) but does anyone have any tips on remixing songs without stems?

I did have a listen.  What I would say is that Dubstep is not really my thing so help on producing this kind of music is beyond me.  There were some interesting ideas there and mixing up the vocals is one of them.  I think if it's been a while since you worked on them it might be worth starting fresh.  Your taste and musical understanding may have moved on since and the wab wab synth is a bit over done now.  Electronic production is a very different process to playing in a band too so the more you do it the better and easier you will find it.  

I did have a listen.  What I would say is that Dubstep is not really my thing so help on producing this kind of music is beyond me.  There were some interesting ideas there and mixing up the vocals is one of them.  I think if it's been a while since you worked on them it might be worth starting fresh.  Your taste and musical understanding may have moved on since and the wab wab synth is a bit over done now.  Electronic production is a very different process to playing in a band too so the more you do it the better and easier you will find it.  

Cheers. I do still enjoy the occaisional wob. But you're right, my taste has moved on. So if I were to use them it wouldn't be the focal point of the song. Cheers.

Good plan.  I still like listening back to what I wrote several years ago but I know that I don't write in the same way now.  A lot of it is down to understanding more about how to use synthesisers and experimenting with sounds in less obvious ways.  Part of the reason I enjoy this realm of music so much is because you both have to create the music and understand how to mix and produce the sounds you are after.  You can learn a lot from making a little tune and trying out all the different processing functions of your DAW/outboard equipment.