aberdeen-music

Variax 600 .... Arrrggh !

oneway

Have you tried any of the local music shops? Not sure if any of them sell Variax but somebody there might be able to help or point you in the right direction.

If it's a problem with the electronic stuff inside (I guess there is some kind of circut and that) you might be better off with an electrican technican rather than a guitar tech though.

http://line6.com/support/thread/10536

The guy in that thread seems to have the same problems as you and the page has links to the line 6 trouble shooting page.

I remember speaking to a guy in a wedding band who was playing a variax 600 about his guitar and he was saying that the tremolo bridge lets it down as if you use it too hard the pressure on the bridge drops and you don't get any sound. Maybe worth double checking your bridge and tremolo to make sure there isn't an issue with either.

Another common problem with them is the saddles dampening the sound so the piezo pickup doesn't pick up any sound. A wee bit of inotation is sometimes enough to get it working again.

Another thing to maybe check is your instrument leads. They can be a common cause of interrmittent sound.

My Uncle owns a 700 and I remember him having a few issues with his a few years ago. Getting no sound, it changing settings randomly and being noisy as hell. He still has it so I guess he got the problems sorted out. I'll easy give him a shout and see what he did to get his sorted out if you are still having difficulties getting a repair organised.

Hope you get it sorted!