aberdeen-music

How To Change A Slide Guitar?

Guest Young Adolesent

Define "set up for slide"? Has there been a new nut added or has the action been raised?

Have a look at the guitar, at the first fret are the strings still reasonably close to the frets? If they are then the action's just been raised - if the strings are roughtly the same distance from the frets all the way up the neck then you need a new nut.

It's likely that the action's just been raised - so you need to get an allen key and lower the saddles - then you need to adjust the truss rod and re- intonate.

If you're not sure how to do that your best bet is to pay someone to set it up for you.

Guest Young Adolesent

Define "set up for slide"? Has there been a new nut added or has the action been raised?

Have a look at the guitar, at the first fret are the strings still reasonably close to the frets? If they are then the action's just been raised - if the strings are roughtly the same distance from the frets all the way up the neck then you need a new nut.

It's likely that the action's just been raised - so you need to get an allen key and lower the saddles - then you need to adjust the truss rod and re- intonate.

If you're not sure how to do that your best bet is to pay someone to set it up for you.

its roughly the same but does raise a bit as it goes up the neck

Guest Young Adolesent

Leave the guitar alone......  change yourself into a slide player :)

nope i prefer blues end of, anyway frogot to say i got it sorted my strat is playing brilliantly

Guest Young Adolesent

-and what sort of music do most famous slide players play?

If you are a Blues guy, you owe it to yourself to learn slide.

nah dont like slide