aberdeen-music

Sensational Alex Harvey Band at The Lemon Tree

misterdale

DRS Promotions presents: The Sensational Alex Harvey Band-The Farewell Tour: +The Bash Street Kids

Sunday 05 December

Tickets 14 inc booking fee

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 8.30pm

When Alex Harvey died in 1982 he left behind a legacy and passion that survives to this day true cult status. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band were equally loved: they were the biggest-grossing UK live act of the mid 70s; they released eight critically-acclaimed albums in their five years together and they inspired many of the top names in popular entertainment over the last 30 years, from Robert Smith to Nick Cave, Billy Connolly to Richard OBrien.

WINDING up the career of one of the best live bands of all time was never going to be easy. Alex Harvey is the only international megastar in Classic Rock's top 100 frontmen - getting to No17 amongst the Floyds, Maidens, Mercurys and Lennons of the world ain't bad going.

With the original line-up (without Alex, sadly, of course) and a new singer, all ready to give SAHB a send off to remember, its going to be one hell of a gig.

So, get set for the kind of SAHB show not seen or heard since 1977...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
to have this gig without Alex Harvey is an insult. For The Bash Street Kids to support is even worse!

Actually, i've seen the SAHBs about 5 times without Mr Harvey and they are superb live, a great legacy of good songs by a great band, the setup is a lot better than Thin Lizzy playing live as at least the rest of the band is actually the SAHBs except the singer. I agree its not the same, but then Alex Harvey was unique, but the rest of the band are worth seeing, tho I have to admit reluctance at another new singer, but I may still go along, they're certainly a great night out.

Cheers

Stuart