aberdeen-music

Corvid

Guest Stripey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Neubeatz
ooo. i love that random organ thing at 0.57 its great. another a peach stripey.

also check out this electronica song i did a year ago' date=' the recordings ruff but i quite like it. its called 'reverse1' [url']www.purevolume.com/littlehammer

Freaky track, also very dark, a foreboding presence is sensed...

Guest Stripey

also check out this electronica song i did a year ago' date=' the recordings ruff but i quite like it. its called 'reverse1' [url']www.purevolume.com/littlehammer

Cheers, gonna check that out now.

Guest Stripey
Stripey' date=' thats not what one would expect after spending time out in the countryside, very haunting and ominous...darker than goth...;)[/quote']

Heheh, couple of people have said that to me about it. I've always though that there is quite a dark side to nature though.

Guest Stripey

Just listened to your track now, i wasn't really feelin it, its a bit ambigious and rough. The last 10 seconds are the best bit, where some semblance of rhythm and calculation comes in.

I enjoy the track but as with the new DJ Krush album I think it's one of those tracks you'd have to be in the mood for. After enjoying nights beside the river in Milltimber with those giant Black Hawk moth things and bats flying around I can easily relate that track to the countryside/nature :up:

Guest Stripey
I enjoy the track but as with the new DJ Krush album I think it's one of those tracks you'd have to be in the mood for. After enjoying nights beside the river in Milltimber with those giant Black Hawk moth things and bats flying around I can easily relate that track to the countryside/nature :up:

Thanks for listening. I was inspired by the crows.

I am really surprised, that on a music website, a mere handful of people take the 2 minutes required to download and listen to fresh material by local artists, and even less take the time to comment on it. I am becoming more and more convinced that most of the people on this site don't give a shit about music, and are just here to talk nonsense.

I propose the site be renamed aberdeen-music-adolescent-gobshite-philistine-scenesters.com

I feel speeshul 'cause I'm on broadband though so I can download all I want and not have to delete it for a good while. Although in a local music geek fashion I'm prone to passing stuff on - I presume you have no worries if I stuck all the tracks I have from you onto a CD and copied it for a few select freens?

As an aside - still no plans for a live performance anytime soon? :)

Guest Stripey
I feel speeshul 'cause I'm on broadband though so I can download all I want and not have to delete it for a good while. Although in a local music geek fashion I'm prone to passing stuff on - I presume you have no worries if I stuck all the tracks I have from you onto a CD and copied it for a few select freens?

As an aside - still no plans for a live performance anytime soon? :)

Feel free to do anything you like with the stuff, the more the merrier, it's just for fun and to be honest this site is pretty much the only outlet for it.

I will never do a live performance, I'll give you that assurance in blood.

Guest Stripey
I have an eerie feeling it's been covered before but why not? ?(

I'd rather sit at home and put together finished tracks, which are then set in stone, than patronise an audience with some daft performance involving triggering samples and playing the keyboard. Live performance doesn't interest me atall.

People don't expect to watch artists painting a picture, they want to be able to sit back and relax and take in the finished piece.

I'd rather sit at home and put together finished tracks' date=' which are then set in stone, than patronise an audience with some daft performance involving triggering samples and playing the keyboard. Live performance doesn't interest me atall.

People don't expect to watch artists painting a picture, they want to be able to sit back and relax and take in the finished piece.[/quote']

But some of the best performances I've seen have been electronica artists weaving their tracks together to create a seamless picture of their work! Would you be able to do that/have no interest in doing that?

I've always liked that kind of performance where an artist either remixes their tracks live but still keeps them recognisable or performs a set of their own seperate songs as a complete live track... :)

Guest Stripey
But some of the best performances I've seen have been electronica artists weaving their tracks together to create a seamless picture of their work! Would you be able to do that/have no interest in doing that?

I've always liked that kind of performance where an artist either remixes their tracks live but still keeps them recognisable or performs a set of their own seperate songs as a complete live track... :)

I just have no desire atall to do any kind of live performance. The live performance is a paradigm kept alive by stupid rock journalists who seem to think that live performance is a requirement. I think theatre should be seperated from music, and left to the likes of MTV and TOTP.

Well, I listened to it... what can I say... I kept expecting it to start, or for something to happen... and it didn't really. I was programming stuff in college a couple of years ago along the same lines... although I tried to have distinct sections in mine where stuff actually happens. Hey perhaps I should upload it, you might love it, you never know... ;)

Guest Stripey
Well' date=' I listened to it... what can I say... I kept expecting it to start, or for something to happen... and it didn't really. I was programming stuff in college a couple of years ago along the same lines... although I tried to have distinct sections in mine where stuff actually happens. Hey perhaps I should upload it, you might love it, you never know... ;)[/quote']

Like I said, you are a philistine with a simple taste in music, and you can't appreciate anything which doesn't have a verse and chorus.

Please do upload the tracks you made in college, I'd love to hear them.

Guest Richtung
Like I said' date=' you are a philistine with a simple taste in music, and you can't appreciate anything which doesn't have a verse and chorus.

Please do upload the tracks you made in college, I'd love to hear them.[/quote']

what a big ego you do have, prick