aberdeen-music

Laney GH100L and Marshall 4x12

Cabbage

For Sale:

Laney GH100L amp head. This is an all valve single channel amp with foot switchable additional gain stage. New Electro Harmonix EL34 power amp valves fitted and the bias set last summer. Pre amp valves are Electro Harmonix 12AX7's, these were fitted 2 years ago. You can also rebias and fit 5881/6L6 power amp valves for some different tone options.

Accepts 1x4ohm, 1x8 ohm, 1x16ohm, 2x8 ohm or 2x16ohm speaker cabs.

Laney Amplification | Products | gh100l

Some scuffs and marks on the external tolex/corner protectors. Amp is about 15years old. It has been used for gigs but is sounding excellent after the service last year. This is a very loud amp, sounds really clear at high volumes.

I'm looking for 300 for this beast. A great amp for pedal users as you can set the amp to clean at high volumes and let your pedal do the distortion. No footswitch included as I don't have one, it works with the normal Marshal switches though.

Also for sale is a 1970/80ish Marshall 4x12, once property of a Mr Ian A. Edward in 02/05/1974 if the biro scrawl on the interior is to be believed. This cab is fitted with two G12M-70's and two G12K-85's. The 70's are dated to 1982 and the 85's to 1986, thats as accurate a date I can give. One of the 70's has a tear in it. I've never noticed any adverse noise coming out of the speaker at low or high volumes. Tolex has some minor good bits but is mostly in poor condition. The grill cloth, badge, piping and corner protectors are all new items as were missing when I purchased. The base has been attacked with tacks and is a mess, don't look at it please. Wired for 16ohms.

Overall this cab is rubber ducked but still sounds great, I run an 18watt clone and the Laney through it and it really sings. It's done some miles and played some shows but still sounds really good.

I'm open to offers for the cab.

Selling both items as I have no space or use for them anymore. Kinda gutted on selling the cab though as its immensly ace! Pics to follow.