aberdeen-music

Guitar tech/luthier

bac

I'm thinking of possibly substantial modifications/upgrades to my new Gibson ES 339. I like this guitar a lot, but I'm not impressed with the tuning stability and prefer the heavier frets on my Suhrs. So I guess I'm talking refret, improved nut, locking tuners and possibly Buzz Feiten or similar. Not sure if a new bridge is a good idea as well. It's a lot of work on a 1,500 guitar so I want to be sure it's done to a high standard by a very safe pair of hands. Jimmy Egypt in Glasgow would seem to fit the bill, but I'd be interested if anyone has other recommendations.

Jimmy Moon, also in Glasgow.

0141 632 9526.

:up:

Sorry, er, Hate Event, just realised I didn't thank you for your input - I called Jimmy and spoke to him, I plan to take my guitars down next time I'm in the Glasgow area. So thanks!

Dave Cherry of Cherry Guitars is a really good guitar luthier and is a bit more local (Peterhead area), i know you're going to Jimmy Moon bac but Dave has worked on my guitar and i couldn't fault his work, just in case someone decides to get work done on their guitar and doesnt want to go down to Glasgow.

Home

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How did you get on, or have you not been yet?

Haven't been yet. Finding the time is the problem. I also need to get down to Fife to get my amp looked at by Dennis Marshall which is a bigger priority (I have other good guitars but my only functioning amp just now is a Microcube). Hoping to coincide the trip to Glasgow with a weekend down but of course that means finding an even bigger chunk of time.

Will post update when it gets done.