aberdeen-music

USA musician touring in August

Ciara

Hey all

Lookin for decent venues/pubs interested in singer/songwriter acoustic/bluegrass gig by touring musician from the Appalachians - fab performer, Jerry Harmon - will be in Aberdeen from 14th August and has some free nights but can't find anywhere apart from Blue Lamp, Lemon Tree and Tunnels on the internet...and they'll all booked it seems.He did the opening night for the Titled Wig (now sadly closed) last year and was a roaring success.The place went wild!!

Any names, contacts, tips much appreciated - this guy's finger-pickin has to be seen to be believed, the real deal!!

Cheers

Ciara

Home | Jerry Harmon

DO IT!!! Moorings Bar, double bill with the Malpasos. You'll be a hero! People will sing your praises for eons and build a statue of you taller than the Queen Mother's! And to open the show? the fugging Acid Facists again. Or Devil Train if they're still on the go-

Balls. It would be the freeking balls.

Thanks guys!

Jerry's not easy to scare, believe me, they make 'em tough in the mountains of NC but he's an acoustic solo act so I don't think it'd be a good fit with the bands you usually have. Sounds like an ace venue but the heckling would most likely get on his wick - he likes a listening audience, plently of banter but not competing to be heard !!

Cheers again

C

Home | Jerry Harmon

Thanks guys!

Jerry's not easy to scare, believe me, they make 'em tough in the mountains of NC but he's an acoustic solo act so I don't think it'd be a good fit with the bands you usually have. Sounds like an ace venue but the heckling would most likely get on his wick - he likes a listening audience, plently of banter but not competing to be heard !!

Cheers again

C

Home | Jerry Harmon

Hey, I've done an acoustic solo set at the Moorings, and I'm barely 18. It really wasn't as difficult as I figured it might have been, they're a good bunch of folk, they listen.