aberdeen-music

AGP: CATS & CATS & CATS + Katerwaul + Min Diesel + Pre Teens - Tunnels - Thu 9 June

AGP presents

CATS AND CATS AND CATS

Katerwaul

+ support

Tunnels Aberdeen

Thu 9 June 2011 - 7.30pm

14+ show

On sale 5 - from One Up Belmont St, AGP ABERDEEN — Home and Welcome to TicketWeb!

-----------------

Cats and Cats and Cats stagger their trademark brand of catchy math rock with folk inspired post rock sections.

Their debut EP, Victorialand, picked up great reviews aswell as the attention of the UK experimental rock underground.

Cats expanded their line up and recorded 2006s mini album Sweet Drunk Everyone, taking the group in a new direction weighting towards a fuller, more ambitious post rock sound.

Extensive touring followed with the band sharing stages with luminaries such as Youthmovies, 65 Days of Static, Foals and Blood Red Shoes and performing at 2007s Glastonbury Festival.

Cats x3 were soon gaining label interest and, after releasing a split single for Wolf Party Records, found a home for their next release with well known Oxford based label Big Scary Monsters.

The Split EP with Oxfords This Town Needs Guns (2007) was a storming success and Huw Stephens invited both bands to record a Radio 1 Session which was aired in early October.

The bands debut album If Id Had An Atlas was released on the 12 of July 2010 through Function Records and was warmly received by both fans and critics alike.

Cats had a busy, festival filled summer, including a performance at 2000 Trees which was nominated for a UK Festival Award. The band are currently recording on a boat on the Thames and the album is expected to be released before summer 2011.

.."Enigmatic experimentation and sumptuous layering" 8/10 ROCKSOUND

.."The Boy With The Beak is where Cats demonstrate what truly sets them apart; a track that fizzes with energy whilst still managing to provide moments of aching beauty." 5/5 God is in the TV zine..

.."Violin and trumpet echo over atmospheric and mathy guitars, accompanied by a shaky yet confident voice as the band pounds and crescendos all over the shop." The 405..

.."An EP of unmitigated brilliance. Just buy it" NME..

.."The musical culmination of everything good you can say about Mew and Arcade Fire" 9/10 DrownedinSound

"Gorgeous in a ferocious kind of way" Steve Lamacq Radio 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to AGP for a great line up and night! Re: the sound issues. it wasn't any more pleasant onstage believe me but last night, it was out of the band's control im afraid.

Min Diesel were great too imo- nice and raw!

im afraid we missed Pre Teens but i heard good things.

C+C+C were blinding too! and such nice lads. great stuff!

Cheers to all! looking forward to the next one :)

Thanks to everyone who played and came along. Was an enjoyable evening.

I personally thought the out front sound was okay. To be fair to the engineer it was his first time on that desk and in that room so difficult to be too harsh.

Enjoyed Preteens, as always thought Min Diesel were great and tbh I thought Katerwaul sounded pretty good out front. Bloody loud but I like bloody loud. I think the time it took to soundcheck Cats as he got used to the desk made a difference. Obviously took ages but they were pretty happy with their on stage sound as well. Unfortunately everyone elses checks were rushed a bit hence not being to the same standard Id imagine.

Off to Dundee with them tonight. Always a pleasure. Heres hoping their new album does ok so they stick with it.

Thanks again. Pleasure as always!