aberdeen-music

Three blind wolves/ matt morris + the moon/ weather barn @ snafu - 10th march

Mon people! This gig is tonight. If you have already seen TBW live, you know you're in for a treat. If you haven't, then you quite simply have to. IMO one of the best bands coming out of Scotland at the moment. Come along and go mental.

Message me for guestlist!

We (Weather Barn) are excited about playing. Its our first show of the year! You can hear our forthcoming single here

Good set from the 'Barn. Tight as a pair of tights and you looked like you enjoyed it. Three Blind Wolves are incredibly good. I'd be surprised if they don't go on to bigger and better things. The sound and the lighting were great too. Well done all round (apart from the most useless barman I've ever been served by. I assume it was his first day on the job)

left after the first song which I thought was terrible (also had work in the morning), take it they got better?

Certainly not music for everyone's ears, but that's music, isn't it? Huw said he "wasn't really sure where they were going" with most of they're songs and I can understand his criticism; I just really like them. They sound like a Scottish indie band, but they don't sound like anyone else I know of, so pretty original stuff in my opinion. The guys voice (Ross I think), although technically brilliant, perhaps gets boring by the end of a 50 minute set.

EDIT: Not everyone is Min Diesel...

Certainly not music for everyone's ears, but that's music, isn't it? Huw said he "wasn't really sure where they were going" with most of they're songs and I can understand his criticism; I just really like them. They sound like a Scottish indie band, but they don't sound like anyone else I know of, so pretty original stuff in my opinion. The guys voice (Ross I think), although technically brilliant, perhaps gets boring by the end of a 50 minute set.

EDIT: Not everyone is Min Diesel...

I thought they sound more in the vein of American indie bands. I thought every song was a winner. Both times I've seen them I've been blown away but then I've never seen them whilst not shit faced in one way or another. Today was a STRUGGLE