aberdeen-music

I'm a Logic Novice - Any Tips?

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Tonight is the night of nights. Tonight, I install Logic onto a Mac that has been loaned to me for approximately three weeks. I then start recording an album.

However, I have used Logic only once before, and I bluffed my way through it to somehow record two demo songs. I consider myself a complete novice.

Have you used Logic before? Are there any little hints or tips you'd like to pass on that you wish you perhaps knew when you started to use it? I don't necessarily want to bluff my way through it again; I want to learn about it as I go along, so any external enlightenment would be very welcome.

There are loads of youtube videos on logic,i joined a logic users forum but found it a bit unhelpful.It's a case of get stuck in,you should be fine. Good Luck p.s. is it logic 9?

There"s a guy on Youtube called "sflogicninja" who does some pretty good tutorials. I've been working my way through the Logic Pro 9 training books at work and they are pretty helpful (although can be pretty dry at times).

Another site that I've found useful in the past is Apple - Support - Logic Pro. If you search the discussion forums whenever you get stuck, chances are someones came across the same thing and got an answer.

Like you say though, learning as you work on a project is probably the best way to do it. If you need any help just drop me an PM.

Guest idol_wild

Cheers for the tips, folks. It's Logic Pro 8 that I'm using. I want to do things properly and save things correctly and in the right place, and things like that. It doesn't help that I'm a complete Mac novice too.

But hey, I learn quick.