aberdeen-music

Hush Hush w/ JAMES BLAKE - 29th Jan @ Origin Abdn

Djamba

ridiculous. my attitude? could you explain what you mean by that? i am the complete antithesis of what i assume are your 'regulars' (and from what i gather from what you've said here, this show is aimed at). i can accept that. great. i don't go to club nights or DJ sets. but i spin klavierwerke regularly, and the poster along with the blurb on it put it into my mind (and others i've spoken to about it - i guess they aren't regulars either so who cares?), that it wasn't just a DJ set. the latter is just something i'm not into and i don't see what is not legitimate about voicing that. it's great james blake is doing what he's doing up here for you and i'm sure loads of people are stoked. but my attitude? please.

It's not an underhanded tactic to omit the 'dj set' part on the poster but I'm sure you know fine well what effect it has. I.e. people turning up to see a live show.

Last thing I say on it. It has no effect whatsoever because the live show is only being introduced as of next month.. If people haven't done their research and came specifically to see a live set then we're sorry, but I bet they'll have an awesome time regardless. There never was any issue of billing it as a 'dj set' or a 'live set'.

Thanks for the comments though guys, we have taken them on board. Any publicity on aberdeen-music is always good and we hope some of you will make it down and even consider coming to other Hush Hush events.

Back on topic now please...

Iain.

The one thing I disliked (and dislike about DJ sets in general) is that people didn't dance properly. Too much gawping at the DJ. For me it kind of kills the atmosphere a bit. Nonetheless it was decent, although a mix of booze and (prescription) pills make it all a bit of haze for me. Kudos to Hush Hush for getting the fella up at an extremely reasonable price.