aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Easy Wishes

Sony audio connector thingys (FAO Alkaline, I guess?)

I have a Sony amp that I wish to plug speakers into, however the output from the amp requires, from what I gather, 'special' Sony-made connectors.

Google's not really much help, a lot of forums saying that you're not able to buy these separately/from Sony shops and what have you, so my questions are as follows:

Can I buy these connectors?

Can I only buy these connectors from Sony?

Are they a complete rip off if so?

I can provide a photo of the back of the amp if need be (later).

:up:

If this is in the wrong forum, apologies. Mods - I give you permission to move it...

If you have the leads with the connectors and a "bare-wire" end you're ok, if you don't you can't usually get the replacement leads if it's more than a couple of years old.

Nah, I don't have the connectors, I just have the amp and some speaker wire (with bare ends).

How did you end up with that combo?

Which amp/what speakers is it?

Ha, I was given the amp by my Dad (he was just going to be scrapping it so I thought I'd nab it), but the speakers that presumably came with it/were bought at the same time are being used with what he replaced the amp with.

I have since purchased new speakers and intended to simply use speaker wire to connect the two, assuming it was one of those bare-ends-into-a-clamp-thing output.