Jump to content

Sony audio connector thingys (FAO Alkaline, I guess?)

Adam Easy Wishes

Recommended Posts

I have a Sony amp that I wish to plug speakers into, however the output from the amp requires, from what I gather, 'special' Sony-made connectors.

Google's not really much help, a lot of forums saying that you're not able to buy these separately/from Sony shops and what have you, so my questions are as follows:

Can I buy these connectors?

Can I only buy these connectors from Sony?

Are they a complete rip off if so?

I can provide a photo of the back of the amp if need be (later).


If this is in the wrong forum, apologies. Mods - I give you permission to move it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha, I was given the amp by my Dad (he was just going to be scrapping it so I thought I'd nab it), but the speakers that presumably came with it/were bought at the same time are being used with what he replaced the amp with.

I have since purchased new speakers and intended to simply use speaker wire to connect the two, assuming it was one of those bare-ends-into-a-clamp-thing output.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...