aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
SMT PROMOTIONS

Sunday 3rd October @ Snafu - Sparrow and the Workshop (plus support) - 7.30pm - 6.00

Sunday 3rd October

@ Snafu

Sparrow and the Workshop

(plus support)

7.30pm

6.00 advance tickets/ 8.00 on the door

Tickets available from:

One Up Records, Ticketweb

TICKETLINK: TicketWeb

Sparrow and the Workshop are put simply- an amazing band.

They are clearly making music which harks back to another era, yet it never feels dated, leaving it hard to put a finger on what exactly they sound like. What could have been a pastiche of sounds and influences is not, due to certain individual flourishes. With many musicians claiming to be folk-faced these days to jump on the band wagon of Fleet Foxes and co, its refreshing to hear something more authentic and clearly a product of the heart.

Recently the band completed support tours with both Idlewild + The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Debut album "Crystals Fall" is out now!

MYSPACE:

Sparrow and the Workshop on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ALBUM REVIEWS:

Sparrow and the Workshop - Crystals Fall / Releases / Releases // Drowned In Sound

BBC - Music - Review of Sparrow and the Workshop - Crystals Fall

Cannot wait for this one! Great band, discovered them when they supported Idlewild in the last gig they played at the Warehouse. They were definitely my musical find of the year last year!

Guest idol_wild

Good band and really nice folks. They deserve an audience.

A sort of less dreamy, more folky Mazzy Star if you want a reference point. Jill's voice is sumptuous. She's rather nice aesthetically, too.

Devil Song their 1st single is magnificent.................:up:

Yeah, it's awesome, Greg's voice together with Jill's makes me think Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... which is a good thing!

I really love these guys.

First saw them supporting Idlewild in December a year or so ago (maybe even just xmas past) and thought they were awesome. Love the girls voice and the harmonies.

I think well be opening up playing the solo material on this date and looks like well be doing Inverness also.

I know its miles away but tickets from here:

TicketWeb

Awesome, see you there then. Jill's just put my wife, my brother and I on the guest list, so I've got the 3 tickets I've bought going spare too! Should hopefully be able to shift 'em on to some colleagues. :)

This gig has been moved to the 3rd of October.

Same venue/ Same times/ Same ticket price.

Line up is as follows:

SPARROW AND THE WORKSHOP

The John Knox Sex Club

+ 1 LOCAL TBC

Tickets available here: TicketWeb

Id appreciate it if i could edit the thread title and main post- how do i do that?

Cheers for the facebook link, signed up to the event and invited a few folk too. Also, ordered up tickets for this from ticketweb before One Up started selling 'em, anyone have any idea if you just pick up tickets on the night, or if you can pick them up earlier?

You just pick them up on the night mate - your name will be on the will call list.

You aware of the change of date yeah?

Been trying to get word around hurriedly but hoping it reaches everyone.

So gutted I'm not home in time for this :(

Sparrow and the Workshop were brilliant when I saw them opening for Idlewild last December. I'll listen to their album on the 3rd and be all :( but then I'll be all :) because it's a great album.

Awesome gig tonight by Sparrow & co. Loved it, their upcoming single Red & Black sounded amazing. Great work by John Knox Sex Club & Steve Winton too, can't think of anything I'd rather be doing on my Sunday night! :D