aberdeen-music

Les Fleur de Lys

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Any fans?

Heard the track 'mud in my eye' on Edan's radio show and absolutely love it. Gonna take a gamble on the discography CD 'Reflections' if anyone knows more similar stuff in this 'freakbeat' vein I'd love to know about it.

Guest Giles Walker

Hit me up on messenger Tom, i ripped about 80 odd freakbeat and psych 7"s a while back and have them all on mp3 now.

Wasn't there a Poets tune on Product Placement? I think it was on Barrs record label as well.

"Circles" by Les Fleurs De Lys is a rare example of a cover version that is actually better than the original, in my opinion. I usually stick it on to get myself psyched up before going on a night out. The guitar solo on this record is fantastic! Don't get me started on the merits of psyche and freakbeat music however, 'cos I'll be here all day boring you all!

I like them (think Gordon Haskell was a member!). I believe there's a chance their radio sessions will be out on CD in the not-too-far-distant future.

Agreed on The Poets ('Now we're thru' is brill), the Creation etc However I wouldn't bother investigating the Fire 's 'Magic Shoemaker' album.....it's pretty naff. I think their best song was the single(Father's name was Dad). I'd also suggest a listen to Wimple Winch (Rumble on Mersey Sq South is a cracker), and the Factory ('Path through the forest' is a chat) I suppose you've already heard the Pretty Things stuff from the same vintage? If not, then do yourself a favour and have a listen to 'Defecting Grey' and one of my all-time fave songs 'Talkin' about the good times'