aberdeen-music

Geoff Farina

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

I have been offered Geoff Farina for a September date.

Would you have any interest in paying to see this guitar wizard? He's very expensive so I only really want to gauge interest before I commit.

Geoff Farina

I reckon it won't do too well.

I was emailing him personally a year ago to try and get glorytellers over when their album just came out, but it just fizzled out.

It would be amazing though!

Karate are fucking amazing!

"From a country I want better than that!"

Guest idol_wild
I reckon it won't do too well.

I was emailing him personally a year ago to try and get glorytellers over when their album just came out, but it just fizzled out.

It would be amazing though!

Karate are fucking amazing!

"From a country I want better than that!"

Yeah, I'm trying to negotiate with the booking agent as we speak really. He initially wanted a ludicrous amount of money for one man. It's a really tough one to call this, as I know there will be a handful of people genuinely interested but possibly not enough to cover costs. But I think it has the potential to be an amazing gig. So I'm torn.

Guest idol_wild
Obviously i'd let you dunk your nuts in my mouth if this happened but i think you'd lose money. I hope i'm wrong. Maybe if it was the only scottish date you'd have a chance.

A show in Aberdeen is dependant on him securing a Glasgow or Edinburgh show, as I ain't fucking paying extra for him to travel all the way up here for one show! But yeah, I think I'm almost guaranteed to lose money on this one, but I do feel it may be worth it.

I could do with a good nut dunking as it happens.

A show in Aberdeen is dependant on him securing a Glasgow or Edinburgh show, as I ain't fucking paying extra for him to travel all the way up here for one show! But yeah, I think I'm almost guaranteed to lose money on this one, but I do feel it may be worth it.

I could do with a good nut dunking as it happens.

i tried to book jason molina last year but the figures i was quoted was just way too much to make it work in aberdeen. i'd imagine it's the same for farina. i'll give you a hand with postering and flyering it if you do book him though. i'm sure i could think of a decent support band too :D

Guest idol_wild
Holy piss. Please do it.

I would help. I would do anything (except sit on the door, because I don't want to miss him obvs.)

Shame it's not Glorytellers. Love their record alot. The solo Farina records are boss though. Except that improvised one. Fucking loony.

At this stage, it's looking highly likely. :up: