aberdeen-music

Story Book Glen

sexytunk

I know this ain't very Rock N Roll, but I had my little ones out to Story Book Glen yesterday, and the place has been wrecked by vandals, really pissed me off. What is the point in wrecking something that is so popular for families in Aberdeen.

Snow White had had her arms ripped off, now that is pretty much my dream (imagine what you could do to a lass with no arms?), but in this instance it made me bloody angry! It's no wonder places like The Glen and Doonies etc are closing when they aren't treated with the respect they deserve!

Sorry for boring everyone, but this has really fucked me off!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of my mates went for nostalgia a few weeks ago and took some comical pictures (mostly involving sex jokes). Never mentioned any vandalism though. I remember last time I went as a kid 10-12 years ago half of the stuff there was wrecked.

I used to go as a boy as well, and loved it, now i want my kids to enjoy it! I agree a lot of the equipment is passed it's best, but they have made a real effort recently to repaint a lot of the attractions, and have added quite a few new ones. The last thing it needs is twats going in causing mindless destruction.

The last thing it needs is twats going in causing mindless destruction.

Oh, I very much agree. It's sad to see somewhere like that being treated like shit by chav arseholes (it is gonna be chavs). Any realistic ideas as to how they could protect it? I imagine CCTV for the entire park was cost heaps.

I'm also surprised I never heard about that story. As it was written by one of my best mates, I get full reports on boring irrelevant shit, but he neglects to tell me about his story on story book glen. Wanker.

Oh, I very much agree. It's sad to see somewhere like that being treated like shit by chav arseholes (it is gonna be chavs). Any realistic ideas as to how they could protect it? I imagine CCTV for the entire park was cost heaps.

I'm also surprised I never heard about that story. My mate is one of about 2 P&J writers whose patch includes story book glen (i think).

I have no idea how they could protect it anymore than it is! The worst thing for me is this place is miles from anywhere really, it's not like it appears on kids when they are out, they have to actually make a conserted effort to get there.

I have no idea how they could protect it anymore than it is! The worst thing for me is this place is miles from anywhere really, it's not like it appears on kids when they are out, they have to actually make a conserted effort to get there.

not a huge effort if you live in the cults area really, fucking shit tho destroying something like that.

I'm thinking the people doing this are paying to get in during the day, rather than busting in at night. In which case their only options would be more staff wondering around, CCTV or an army of Terminators which are tripped when damage is done to the models. None of these are financially viable for them I'm guessing.

not a huge effort if you live in the cults area really, fucking shit tho destroying something like that.

Even from Maryculter you'd be looking 10-15 mins walk, over the bridge another 10-15 mins, I'd say walking half an hour to destroy something to be an conserted effort!

Even from Maryculter you'd be looking 10-15 mins walk, over the bridge another 10-15 mins, I'd say walking half an hour to destroy something to be an conserted effort!

think about how long kids are out on the street for at night tho, half an hours walking is nothing, my grandparents live up that way and me and my wee brother used to make trips over that way down to the river and stuff, never went into SB tho. Think about it, it takes about half an hour to walk union street to the beach, kids do that everyday to cause trouble.

think about how long kids are out on the street for at night tho, half an hours walking is nothing, my grandparents live up that way and me and my wee brother used to make trips over that way down to the river and stuff, never went into SB tho. Think about it, it takes about half an hour to walk union street to the beach, kids do that everyday to cause trouble.

Well yeh I can see where your coming from, but the point I was trying to make was they actually make plans to go and do it, there is no other reason for them to be there.

Well yeh I can see where your coming from, but the point I was trying to make was they actually make plans to go and do it, there is no other reason for them to be there.

Oh yeah your toally right about that, its shit that those are the kinds of things kids do to keep themselves occupied. You would have hoped for more from what is ment to be a nice area but i guess you cant escape neds no matter where you go.

Or make the models Terminators

That would be a nasty shock for the vandals.

I think I'm gonna camp out there with Lame Guitarist, and when the boys approach I'm gonna let him rape them, that'll teach them!

Sorry don't wanna make light of this though, it's a serious issue to me, My kids were genuinely disappointed, and that makes me pissed off!

Or make the models Terminators

That would be a nasty shock for the vandals.

Dada da da dun, dada da da dun, dada da da dun. do do doo, da da duuun, do do doo, da da doooooo dooo.. and so on...(hopefully you guys get this).

Sorry, I'm not trying to take the piss out of this thread at all. It truly annoys me to that wankers go about doing this. It's not just that it ruins a treasured kids attraction, but it also show hows shit society is now. I can't imagine ever doing any of this sort of crap when I was younger (bear in mind I'm only 21, so we aren't talking yonks ago here), why do adolescents do it now? Can they nae just go for a kickabout, play xbox and order pizza like I did......and still do with my spare time.

How did your daughter like her Rabbit by the way, did you still get her one?

Ha, Good memory! No I bailed on it, I just didn't feel the time was right for her, it would have been a big responsibility, maybe to big at her age. I'm still trying to get it into her head that playing drums is the way to go to get her mind off it, but unfortunately she think all my mates are true Rock stars, and I'm just a loser who sits behind tubs! But, I've not given up on her yet

Dada da da dun, dada da da dun, dada da da dun. do do doo, da da duuun, do do doo, da da doooooo dooo.. and so on...(hopefully you guys get this).

Sorry, I'm not trying to take the piss out of this thread at all. It truly annoys me to that wankers go about doing this. It's not just that it ruins a treasured kids attraction, but it also show hows shit society is now. I can't imagine ever doing any of this sort of crap when I was younger (bear in mind I'm only 21, so we aren't talking yonks ago here), why do adolescents do it now? Can they nae just go for a kickabout, play xbox and order pizza like I did......and still do with my spare time.

its been going on for a long time now tho, im 25 and i remember people doing these kinda things when i was younger. Most popular games with kids my age were "Budding" peoples windows or "Grand national runs" hardly games for the well behaved kids :D

I'd be an awesome parent, laid back as hell

"Dad, I'm just going out, back tomorrow"

"Awesome! Don't get too Pregnant."

Maybe not that laid back...

If you are saying that to your 9 year old your in for a lot of problems! he he

I am the coolest dad in the World, she just thinks I'm a twat! Honestly, you can't win.

its been going on for a long time now tho, im 25 and i remember people doing these kinda things when i was younger. Most popular games with kids my age were "Budding" peoples windows or "Grand national runs" hardly games for the well behaved kids :D

Ach, budding, chickenellie, shit like that I did. But that is harmless really, could be annoying, but it's nae in the same league as wrecking SBG. It's hardly as if anyone's livelihood is damaged by kids lobbing berries off their windows. Out of interest, what are Grand National Runs?

Ach, budding, chickenellie, shit like that I did. But that is harmless really, could be annoying, but it's nae in the same league as wrecking SBG. It's hardly as if anyone's livelihood is damaged by kids lobbing berries off their windows. Out of interest, what are Grand National Runs?

they are where you find a nice line of houses and try and run through all of their back gardens regardless of any flower beds, fences ect, used to be a great laugh actually but we would have ruined a few prize flower pathes. Bridge of don is good for this, lots of lines of houses.

they are where you find a nice line of houses and try and run through all of their back gardens regardless of any flower beds, fences ect, used to be a great laugh actually but we would have ruined a few prize flower pathes. Bridge of don is good for this, lots of lines of houses.

Aaah, see, we in the "Dubford Masseeev" never did this, most of the Gardens round here have 4-5 foot fences, pretty difficult to scale when you are about 8-12 (that was when I got up to the other Hi-Jinks instead of playing playstation like the fat kid I am). We stuck to budding, chickenellie, kerbie and water fights in Scotstown Moor, they were awesome.