aberdeen-music

Like The Foo Fighters/at The Drive In.....??

Dizzy Storm

then maybe you should come see JESSICA INSANE tomorrow at drakes!!

here's some info on them.....

Being an Exhibitionist is hard when you are Scared of Priests but you could always get a Wake up Call and go to Rio de Janeiro. Well thats at least what Dublins hottest Jessica Insane are saying, or singing. After an interesting night at the recent Gigsmart TBMC gig, the band gave me their two cents.

Jessica Insane are about to head off to London to play a showcase gig for Fierce Panda Records and Simon Williams. Having signed bands like Coldplay and Idlewild, Williams has developed a reputation that Jessica Insane know can get them places.

So who are Jessica Insane? The Northside Dublin trio have been together for the past two and a half years. Phil the lead singer and guitarist, teamed up with long time mate Rob, after finally convincing him to buy a Bass guitar.

Brita, the drummer was a friend who added the female aspect to the band. After their first gig in Slatterys in 2000, Jessica Insane took some time to regroup. Coming back stronger and better a year later, they have been gigging steadily ever since.

Phil came up with the name Jessica Insane. We didnt want something boring, we didnt want to be another The band. So I just came up with Jessica Insane cause it sounded cool. Rob cuts in, I suppose we should really have a cool story of some lunatic fan, but I guess well have to work on that one. Im sure they will have a story like that soon, and with another London gig already in the pipelines it looks promising.

Songs like Scared of Priests and The Exhibitionist prove that the trio can be rhythmically tight as they pound their way through the beats. Rio de Janeiro has a catchy chorus that will have you humming your way home. They have a three-track demo that is available from the band at gigs and plan to record an EP once they return from London

As three friends they appear tight and seem to have the same attitudes about what they want and where theyre going. On the stage they are electric. All three have stage presence and the energy is powerful. There are some really good riffs in most of their songs that Im sure will be heard in guitar shops the country over before long. Phil writes most of the music and brings it to the others raw. They mould his raw material into some really catchy and up beat tunes that are aimed at charming everyone. I have a feeling that they will.

support from LOST

doors 8pm