aberdeen-music

Guitar Returned!

Guest Old Bonsie

Guest Old Bonsie

With reference to my previous post yesterday about my stolen guitar I am very glad to now say that it has been returned to Billy Bundys. Indeed I believe Fraser at Billy Bundys found it abandoned on the doorstep of Billy Bundys when he turned up for work yesterday morning so it had already been returned when I wrote the 'Stolen Guitar' post so appologies for all the comotion caused.

The funniest thing is that whoever the thief was they must have been feeling very guilty as they have replaced my soft guitar carrier bag with a expensive looking flight case - indeed they even had to cut a hole out at the top of the case to fit my guitar in!

Needless to say I am delighted that it has been returned but very surprised although I have to say that deep down I always thought I would find it somehow. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice/messages of support yesterday it is very much appreicated!

Guest Old Bonsie

Well it's actually been missing since last Thursday. I think the thief whether there was malice involved or it was just a bit of drunken stupidity must have been feeling guilty.

How about getting it on the "National Register of Musical Instruments." A new intiative aunched under the banner of Music-TraC allows you to have a "minute encoded microchip" installed discreetly on your instrument. The chip is as long as a 5p coin is across. Registration comes in at just under 20. Every police force in the country has been issued with a scanner that will allow stolen goods to be checked against the National Register of Musical Instruments, so this should see a lot more instruments being returned to their owners. More info in the July issue of Guitarist <Issue 251> or email them directly on sales@chiptrac.com or telephone 0870 2414050.