aberdeen-music

for people at Q.M.U. last Saturday (killswitch etc...)

ANGEL O' DEATH

gig was fucking mental....... thats all i can say

When God Forbid started i was on the stairs just before getting searched and the like......

thankfully didn't miss too much of them. Hadn't heard too much of them but was very pleasently surprised.

What did people make of the new 'Shadows Fall' tune??

can't remember too much of it as i was bashing around in the pit but i rememver it being fairly decent

I loved the Chimaira drummer, does anyone know who it was??

I don't think it was the guy from Soilwork, but could be wrong....

Killswitch were awsome

yes..... very impressed by the whole night

and i also got to meet Brian Fair which made my night

other peoples thought????????

Yeah I enjoyed the whole gig. I was disappointed that I didn't get the best position for God Forbid, cos they're awesome. Was up on the balcony for the other three bands and it was amazing.

Shadows Fall - wish they could have played for longer, great set albeit only 5 songs long, and they didn't play Stepping Outside the Circle which would have gone down a treat.

Chimaira - had a great stage show. Unfortunately played a few songs from Pass Out Of Existance which bored me. However their newer material was far better and their drummer impressed me greatly.

Killswitch Engage - Easily the kings of the night, and I'm not just saying that as I like all the bands a lot. Howard coped well, and although the crowd did a hell of a lot of the singing for him, it was still far better than I've heard he is live. Adam Dutkiewicz was hilarious and his onstage antics and banter were fantastic. They also had the best sound of the night although didn't play Temple From The within - one of my favourite killswitch songs. However I'd imagine that was so they didn't have to go from drop C to D tuning and back again.

AWESOME night.

I was gutted to miss God Forbid whilst still standing in the queue at 8.10. Shadow's Fall bored the hell out of me, albeit for only 5 songs or so and we laughed all the way through Chimaira's set.

Killswitch Engage were ace and I was so relieved, cos last time I saw em they sucked ass. Howard's still not the best frontman of all time though - I didn't get why he stood perfectly still for the entirety of Rose Of Sharyn.

Good night though, I was impressed with the venue...

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

saturday was an absolutely awesome gig, really really good. unfortunately, i didn't have a student card (sorry to those with me who did! :rolleyes: ) and so missed god forbid, who i was looking forward to seeing cos i haven't heard much of them, but heard that they're very good. shadows fall were excellent, definitely the 2nd best band of the night, and the singer's hair is ace...like an octopus. heh. chimaira's set was 'go to the toilet, mill around the merch stall' time for me, i don't really enjoy them much, and they were so pretensious. killswitch were absolutely awesome, although there was too much 'letting the audience sing' for a lot of the time. adam d's fucking around onstage was pretty funny! legend of the night was the dude who jumped off the balcony...crazy! it would have been nice if tehy'd played a few more songs, but i guess 11 was a good number. overall... :up:

You're damn right - they sucked! I don't think it was the soilwork dude playing for them. Last time I saw em I'm sure they had a different guy on drums (who definately was the Soilwork guy).

Btw, you don't need to put 'Jim' in inverted commas - It's my real name.

You're damn right - they sucked! I don't think it was the soilwork dude playing for them. Last time I saw em I'm sure they had a different guy on drums (who definately was the Soilwork guy).

Btw' date=' you don't need to put 'Jim' in inverted commas - It's my real name.[/quote']

Henry Ranta? He has been the Soilwork drummer for years - although isn't anymore.

Shame, because he was awesome.

oops! i completely missed this whole thread n started another one! anyways yeah, the night was fucking amazing! totally mental at times - especially when the guy jumped off the balcony into the crowd!! n yep, adam for funny as hell...what was with the shoe moshing??! :laughing: loved it!