aberdeen-music

Tiger Tiger Friday Night Sessions

sexytunk

What kind of bands and what sort of set up would it be? Take it this is a new thing going down.

Yeh it's something Tiger hope to do every Friday for the foreseeable future. The venue music hall holds 500, and the venue provide all PA equipment, but as you'd expect back lines need to be provided. There is a stage being hired in for the gigs, and a fantastic dressing room is being reserved for the bands, as well as band riders

The night is aimed at mostly Rock/Indie bands, the management are working hard and spending a lot of money on trying to make the Friday Night Session a real success.

Yeh it's something Tiger hope to do every Friday for the foreseeable future. The venue music hall holds 500, and the venue provide all PA equipment, but as you'd expect back lines need to be provided. There is a stage being hired in for the gigs, and a fantastic dressing room is being reserved for the bands, as well as band riders

The night is aimed at mostly Rock/Indie bands, the management are working hard and spending a lot of money on trying to make the Friday Night Session a real success.

No funk bands then???

No funk bands then???

Ah now I never said that! he he. I haven't been given any real no go areas to be perfectly honest, I think anything that would pull a crowd I would be allowed to consider! The big problem certainly at the moment would be the question of finances, and how much bands would be looking for as payment!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Yeh Ok I'll look into that, but only if you let me represent you, and I get a fee of 99% of all you're earnings?

After costs? Deal

(It costs us about 1995 to appear at Tiger every Friday night)

Ah now I never said that! he he. I haven't been given any real no go areas to be perfectly honest, I think anything that would pull a crowd I would be allowed to consider! The big problem certainly at the moment would be the question of finances, and how much bands would be looking for as payment!

We'd be interested in playing one night once you get the go ahead. If you want to sample the goods... come down the night we host this Friday in the Tunnels if you are free: Funk Machine Presents, you'll see what we're like. It's a funk and hip hop night, kind of the flip side of a rock/indie night!

Think a summer gig would suite us best as we're pretty much booked up until then. We wouldn't charge you an arm and a leg but we'd expect a respectable amount if you are doing a flat rate, if you are charging entry perhaps a percentage of the door taking, we do this for the bands who play at our nights and find that it is a good incentive for advertising/spreading the word/bringing along as many people as possible.

Let me know if you can make it down and we can chat on Friday.

Oh yeah, we play original funk, not a cover band.

We'd be interested in playing one night once you get the go ahead. If you want to sample the goods... come down the night we host this Friday in the Tunnels if you are free: Funk Machine Presents, you'll see what we're like. It's a funk and hip hop night, kind of the flip side of a rock/indie night!

Think a summer gig would suite us best as we're pretty much booked up until then. We wouldn't charge you an arm and a leg but we'd expect a respectable amount if you are doing a flat rate, if you are charging entry perhaps a percentage of the door taking, we do this for the bands who play at our nights and find that it is a good incentive for advertising/spreading the word/bringing along as many people as possible.

Let me know if you can make it down and we can chat on Friday.

Oh yeah, we play original funk, not a cover band.

I will definately look into it, I think it would be very cool! I am playing myself on Friday unforunately so can't get down this week. But it's certainly something I'll speak to the management about.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I agree with the sentiment of not restricting it to indie/rock by the way. Although it depends what the management have in mind of course.

I'm just not convinced you'll be able to keep it busy/interesting if you do it every week on this basis - mixing it up a little would hopefully help to keep it going for longer. It sounds like a good set up/arrangement, and some touring bands would go down well too.

Someone handed me a flyer today on Union Street about this - I think that's something that's lacking hugely when it comes to live music (flyering that is) in this town! :up:

I will definately look into it, I think it would be very cool! I am playing myself on Friday unforunately so can't get down this week. But it's certainly something I'll speak to the management about.

Great. We're definitlely keen to spread the funk around town.

Super Six Funk Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads