aberdeen-music

Drunk'n'Bass - Opinons plz

Guest stripey

Originally posted by badger

Stripey,

Try this out for posting your mp3's. Saves people having to download the whole thing!!

It removes the blip bit you get in quick time if you simply link

straight to the MP3 file.

http://www.globalgraffiti.com/demo.htm

You can actually just put the url into winamp thru "add url" or sometimes IE will automatically try to stream it...

Originally posted by stripey

You can actually just put the url into winamp thru "add url" or sometimes IE will automatically try to stream it...

The presumption is of course that people will actually listen to the whole thing ;)

Listened to it..

I like your ideas

Nice Bass part that kicks in about a minute and a half in..

Wasn`t too keen on the keyboard sound but I like the soundscape and the filter cuts.....

The only drum and bass I generally like is really dark stuff....

Although I don`t really know anything about the genre.. Just what I like..... Used to sit and listen to DNB every Sunday at work in One Up...

Originally posted by Ross

Listened to it..

I like your ideas

Nice Bass part that kicks in about a minute and a half in..

Wasn`t too keen on the keyboard sound but I like the soundscape and the filter cuts.....

The only drum and bass I generally like is really dark stuff....

Although I don`t really know anything about the genre.. Just what I like..... Used to sit and listen to DNB every Sunday at work in One Up...

Cool man thanks for the feedback. Good to hear the ideas are coming across, I do try to put feeling into it. I know what u mean about the keyboard sound, other people who heard it have said the same. Each thing i do is a learning experience and its really helpful to get feedback. Im not quite as skilled as i want to be yet. Its all gradually coming together though.

I come in and buy dnb vinyl from one up occaisonally...its the only place that seems to have a good variety of reasonably fresh stuff. Couple of people i went to school with work there.

Thanks for listening

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by stripey

I know what u mean about the keyboard sound, other people who heard it have said the same.

You've identified the flaw - the main synth line sticks out a bit too much on its own. When put against everything else, it sounds less piercing, and thus, not too obscene.

It's pretty good though, and crucially doesn't fall into the dnb trap of meandering too long without purpose. Thumbs up, more please.