aberdeen-music

Midiman Midisport 2x2

spellchecker

Guest Dresden Style
Originally posted by spellchecker

Does anyone know if Bruce Miller's or R&B sell these? Any idea how much for?

ta.

they don't

but Turnkey do them on mail order

that's where i got mine from....useful wee gadgetoid

check the ads in Future Music or Sound on Sound...i think they are approx. 60 quid....can't quite recall

Re: Re: Midiman Midisport 2x2

Originally posted by Dresden Style

they don't

but Turnkey do them on mail order

that's where i got mine from....useful wee gadgetoid

check the ads in Future Music or Sound on Sound...i think they are approx. 60 quid....can't quite recall

Cheers min. I can get one online for about 55 including delivery, I was just thinking if one of those shops had it, I could satisfy that "want it now" urge I have. I shall check out turnkey though.

well i eventually went for one from www.piedog.com. it was 54 quid including delivery and VAT. i check out the GAK site, and although they were charging 50 quid for the interface, they wanted to charge me 10 quid for delivery, which i think is shit. delivery and courier services are a commodity, thievin' bastards.

anyway, i'll post here in a week if piedog are a bunch of dodgers that i shouldn't have bothered with.

Guest Dresden Style

Turnkey and GAK can both be tossers or saviours of your teknoid requirements on any given day...depends on the day really.

GAK saved my life recently when my distortion box packed up two days before going abroad for a gig....got one within 24 hours free delivery!

They also fucked me off by upwardly adjusting the 'advertised' prices a few times when I phoned to actually buy something ...Im sure thats against the law

Turnkey are good for sourcing obscure stuff and will go out of their way to find stuff you need, even if its not in stock.

Never used Pie Dog so please give us some customer feedback Herr Spellchecker.

i like gak. they once matched turnkey on a price for a 4 track and fx box....gave me free delivery...then knocked more off so i would have 2 pounds free on my card....and they were really nice about it.

turnkey on the other hand are fucks! when i ordered my air synth they refused my card...so i said i would call back in a couple of days after i had sorted it out with my bank....i replaced my order in a couple of days and 1 HOUR later the air synth arrived.

i called back and cancelled the delivery of the second air synth.

then i realised that they had charged me twice....which had put me 130 over my overdraft...my bank were not happy. but it wasnt my fault....turnkey took fucking ages to sort it out and werent appologetic in the slightest.

they eventually refunded my money(but not the courier cost of the second air synth) and sent me a receipt. which had someone elses receipt stuck on it with his address and credit card details....very professional.

aaaand...with each phonecall to turnkey i had to listen to 10 mintues of fucking sugababes before i got to speak to anyone.

it was only 5 difference between turnkey and gak....wish id gone to gak in the first place.