aberdeen-music

Stand-up Guy At Drakes......

Dizzy Storm

i didn't take you too literally, you said there was a lot of bands doing the same thing on it. how am i meant to take that if not literally, it's a hardly a metaphor. or was it meant to be a surrealist statement? or did you just mean they all play guitars? :)

look, i was just trying to address what i thought was an unfair statement, that is all.

They all play tele-casters..... well the majority.....and a lot of them play discordant guitar music.....

If you are into that sound etc then this dvd is for you....that`s what i meant... "same sort of thing"

Constantines stuff is good.....as is The Oxes.....although not heard anything fro them for years.

i really tried hard not to reply to this again but i can't let this one go, what's telecasters got to do with it?

the oxes play travis bean guitars, same as steve albini. they have aluminuim necks and give that nasty metallic sound. the guitarist in edinburgh band red admiral also has one, it's nice. as does efrim from godspeed.

Doesn`t matter Dave...

I`m sure a few others will know what I mean.....

So yes buy the DVD cos none of the bands sound anything like each other ....

AND The Dismemberment Plan are on it....

This has nothing to do with Stand Up Guy however and they are sadly not on it. Their new album is ace. Isis and Will haven are two bands that they sound like. Isis ARE on this DVD, Will haven are not but you can get a Will Haven DVD....

Doesn`t matter Dave...

I`m sure a few others will know what I mean.....

am i just being unreasonable or are you trying to wind me up? do you realise how patronising that sounds? and it's just avoiding the question as well, i really don't see how a number of bands using the same guitar can lead to them having similar sounds or musical styles. so what exactly do telecasters have to do with anything?

telecasters have been used for every style of guitar music ever created. from pop, punk, blues, jazz, metal, hardcore, post-rock, indie, country, you name it and someone has done it using a telecaster so it hardly points to a group of people doing the same thing.

and the oxes point i made was merely an aside and not meant to be part of a constructive argument, um, btw.