aberdeen-music

Industry Advice Drop In Session

Jim Stax

Advice Day, Aberdeen

Business of Music: Cultural Enterprise Office, Musicians Union, PRS, MCPS Open Advice Day in Aberdeen

Monday 10 November 2008,

13:00-16:00 @ Kilau Coffee House, Little Belmont Street, Aberdeen

Are you worrying about the financial implications of trying to make a living from your music? Are you moving away from employment to working for yourself?

This drop in session will offer advice and guidance from music support agencies on royalties, copyright, mechanical copyright and business and professional development. Talk directly with representatives from MU, PRS, MCPS and CEO about the many aspects of moving forward and working in the music industry.

Organisation Cultural Enterprise Office

Contact web address >> - Cultural Enterprise Office Home Page - <<

Contact email address info@culturalenterpriseoffice.co.uk

Added info

All respective folk from the orgs will be sitting at tables in Kilau where you can happily work your way around informally chatting about relevant topics. If anyone has any queries about this or wants to know more pm me. It's a really good opp to pick brains about royalties, copyright, band agreements etc whether your are in a band, solo, record company etc. Fire in here and take advantage. I know it's a Monday afternoon but these guys are near impossible to get in the same room on the same day never mind an evening... :up:

All respective folk from the orgs will be sitting at tables in Kilau where you can happily work your way around informally chatting about relevant topics. If anyone has any queries about this or wants to know more pm me. It's a really good opp to pick brains about royalties, copyright, band agreements etc whether your are in a band, solo, record company etc. Fire in here and take advantage. I know it's a Monday afternoon but these guys are near impossible to get in the same room on the same day never mind an evening... :up:

Sounds good, will try and take the afternoon off work for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Amended

Creative Cultures Scotland will also be in attendance. A certain member of this forum and my office buddy will hanging out and joining in the chat.

I can't recommend this enough if you want answers on why you should join PRS, what Mechanical Copyright is and does and how the Musicians Union can help. I'm there to help out with general business queries and the like or questions about planning or deciding how to move forward. Oh and you will probably get yourself a wee frappacappproperchino to aid the questions.

(please add better info Phil)

• 2 weeks later...