aberdeen-music

Katerwaul + iname + Kestrals + 1 tbc

ben_1903

Really enjoyed tonight. Debutant was awesome! Vocals hit the spot tonight and the guitar sounds were delightful. The new track was a highlight.

Kestrals were great. Musically very tight and great technical guitar work. The songs were pacey and easy enough to get into with alot of great ideas into what seemed like really short numbers. As vocally amazing as the vocalist was (and believe me he has to be one of the best I've seen locally in a very long time) I'm not sure what to make of it. He spoke in between songs with a local accent yet when he sang you'd think he was from west coast california. But this is only a minor point that did not ruin my enjoyment of their set.

Iname get better and better with ever show. Scott made them sound mightier than grayskull tonight. I've always thought that once the boys got the blance between their soft parts and turbulent sections they'd be stunning, but with earlier shows there was something missing. I thought that it was maybe they needed to use more contrasts. But I was wrong they just needed Scotty Blessed at the helm. He made them sound thunderous which helped the quieter parts. Also enjoyed the new use of vocals.

As for Katerwaul... I actually forgot how to play the last song. I don't know how. We always play it in sound checks and its a popular one with a few folk and I've had many a conversation with people about its subject matter. But for whatever reason it just slipped my out of my head. Has this happened to anyone else?

A great night had anyway. Apparently kestrals is only a temporary name so I'll have to keep tabs on this to see them again. Nice bunch of lads too.

As for Katerwaul... I actually forgot how to play the last song. I don't know how. We always play it in sound checks and its a popular one with a few folk and I've had many a conversation with people about its subject matter. But for whatever reason it just slipped my out of my head. Has this happened to anyone else?

Who's got Alzheimer's?

Guest idol_wild

I thought Kestrels had some fantastic moments. Fantastic and powerful vocalist. At times they reminded me of Karate, especially in their slower numbers in the second half of their set. All in all, they should be delighted with their first gig as a new band.

Iname were immensely tight and I will reiterate what Tim said - Scott's offstage mix was so crisp and clear. Ben is a solid little drummer, though his wifebeater left a lot to be desired, ha. I really appreciated some of the little guitar patterns. Good work with the night - getting a well populated Tunnel 1 on a Tuesday night with a local line-up is no mean feat.

Katerwaul are a ridiculously under-appreciated band. Immense. I get the impression they felt they played badly, but I thoroughly enjoyed having my face melted by their wall of epic sound.

Whoa! There will be no wife-beater-beating! :p

First off - thanks to the bands for playing. And Scott for being immense.

Phil - cosy, and pretty layers :). Really liked the karta tune aswell

I enjoyed kestrels, some very interesting patterns ad structure, mixed with straight up rock.

iname - we felt good aout it, and bar some technical difficulties it went okay.

katerwaul - oh yes! That song you guys played which you don't play often - RIFFS! Also nicks t-shirt, the greatest.