aberdeen-music

Uploading a website

Skamikazee

Basically I need some help from folk who have uploaded websites before (any experience uploading onto Aberdeen University servers would be a plus).

I've made a website for my sports team using Dreamweaver, got the login details from the Uni and I've uploaded the website onto the server. When I tried to access the website through my browser I got the message that I didn't have permission, I then changed the permissions of our folder on the server to read write and now I'm getting a message that the pages do not exist.

I know next to nothing about websites so I'm a bit stuck at this point. Not sure if I uploaded the files incorrectly, if something is up with the server, if I'm entering the wrong urls to get to the pages I've uploaded or what. I can see the files on the server using an external ftp client if that makes any difference.

Also uploaded this Flash Slideshow with Flickr Integration - FlickrViewer 1.2.3 and can't access it either.

Any help on how to get this sorted would be greatly appreciated.

What's the url that you're trying to view?

Have they set a default page on the directory?

Is it possible that you're trying to access a page ending in .htm but you're putting in .html (a fairly common mistake when starting out, at least it was something I used to do all the fucking time).

Send me a PM if you don't want the general Aberdeen Music populace seeing your site.

Have you spoken to the uni about it? Surely they have a help page for student sites or some support available?