aberdeen-music

Vintage Carlsbro 50 Top Guitar Head

joseph

Hello there,

I'm selling a vintage (original 70's model, not one of the horrible reissues) Carlsobro 50 Top tube head. It's in really good condition and was serviced a few months ago (then not played). I tested the head again this afternoon and it still sounds ace.

Tone wise; Nice & crunchy when pushed a little and really crisp/clear when played clean.

It's quite a basic amp channel wise (1 channel, t/m/b/v), but it's pretty much one of the most saught after british tube heads ever built. Basically, it's totally awesome. I'm only selling it as i need to replace 2 broken (and pretty expensive) pedals but have no money.

Here's a bunch of people saying how brilliant it is;

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Carlsbro/50+Top+Head/10/1

I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested, but for now have a look at this to get an idea of how the 50 Top looks (pretty cool).

cb5b_1.JPG

Price wise, i'll let it go for 250 - they go for loads more when they actually turn up on ebay (around 400) but i need the cash urgently! Also, i live in stonehaven, so i can drive out and meet whoever is interested in playing through it/buying it.

Thanks for reading!

joe

Hey maxi!

Yeah it's in pretty good nic! I had to replace the tubes and get it serviced pretty soon after i bought it (i think it had been sitting in a loft for like 30 years). The volume pot was a little crackley when i first put it on, but i gave it a good twisty and it sorted itself out. I might actually spray some switch cleaner in there out of pure kindness.

So yeah, it was serviced like 3/4 months ago but hasn't been played much at all.

hope you're good dewd!

joe