aberdeen-music

modifying electrics of guitars

fatboy

so I got bored today and decided to look at my strat (hss) as sometimes it buzzes. I went about soldering all the earths but then decided to go to maplin round the corner and buy some spdt switches. not finished yet but so far its going to have a kill switch and a coil split for the hotrail, both accessed by mini spdt toggle switches. I'm thinking about adding a switch for activating the neck pick-up in the other positions but not sure yet. anyone got any suggestions for modifications or done any cool mods their selves?

so I got bored today and decided to look at my strat (hss) as sometimes it buzzes. I went about soldering all the earths but then decided to go to maplin round the corner and buy some spdt switches. not finished yet but so far its going to have a kill switch and a coil split for the hotrail, both accessed by mini spdt toggle switches. I'm thinking about adding a switch for activating the neck pick-up in the other positions but not sure yet. anyone got any suggestions for modifications or done any cool mods their selves?

theres a few websites out there with a lot of stuff, for example the muse guitar mod kinda stuff, i will see if i can find them and give them to you.

one of the most underrated thing that can be done to a strat is replace the 250k standard pots with 500k

actually makes a hell of a difference to the output and tone.

i put a coil split in one of my strats a while back that i love and a mid boost but thats about it. i tend to leave my guitars as they are apart from pickups in some of them, and get stuck in about the pedals and amp side of things.

saying that i have a strat that i have lasers and Leds in controlled by switches. really cool but the battery lasts about 3 to 4 hours!!

how much for a set of 500k pots you think?

well theres a good shop called Guitar parts UK Spares Online that sell them for about 4 quid each.

i got it from a website when i was learning up about electronics for guitars and decided to try it and it certainly worked for one of my strats.

and i remember putting higher ones in a mates les paul and it improved his output.