aberdeen-music

Jericho

Camie

Jericho (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The storyline centers on the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on 23 major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) disables all electronics.

Several themes regularly addressed in the show are gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, the value of family, and internal and external threats. The show also features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

Anyone else seen this?

Really really good show.

Got cancelled after first series due to poor ratings but brought back to tie all the loose ends, and it has all of a sudden become more spiced up.

Jericho.jpg

I enjoyed it, not as addictive as 24, Heroes or Prison Break but it passed the hours offshore. I take it you mean its getting another season?

While we're on the subject of tv programmes, i watched S01 E01 of The Wire and wasn't impressed, is it worth sticking with it?

I enjoyed it, not as addictive as 24, Heroes or Prison Break but it passed the hours offshore. I take it you mean its getting another season?

While we're on the subject of tv programmes, i watched S01 E01 of The Wire and wasn't impressed, is it worth sticking with it?

I think there's another 3 or 4 episodes.

The Wire is superb once you get into. Believable characters and storylines. Stick with it. I got a hold of the first 4 series for taking to Angola with me and was completey riveted.

It has great continuity with characters and story threads re-appearing dozens of episodes later.

I think there's another 3 or 4 episodes.

The Wire is superb once you get into. Believable characters and storylines. Stick with it. I got a hold of the first 4 series for taking to Angola with me and was completey riveted.

It has great continuity with characters and story threads re-appearing dozens of episodes later.

Shall do, i've got the whole first season sitting on my laptop to get thru!

Jericho - Great series. I've watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 and it's superb.

The Wire - I think the Wire is now on season 5. It's a lot slower moving than a lot of programmes but I still really like it. It gets much more into depth of character and the real dodgy side of life on the 'corners'.