aberdeen-music

t-break the first 6 so far!

i think the reviewer could've at least gotten the name right but on the plus side they got your name wrong! pretend it's a different band and you're laughing.

also i don't really see how SEA are doing something different(says the guy from the band straight out of eighties manchester). you sound like tool. a lot like tool. of course you do it well. but i can see how someone might not get it if they don't listen to music like that.

ok, a few points.

1/ i wasn't bothered about the reviewer not liking our band, i was just commenting on how poor a reviwer he is. He couldn't get the name right, provided no constructive criticism and commented on our percieved age and drummers "look"- rather than using his word space to say what he thought of the performance.

2/ True enough, SEA aren't doing something wildely different in terms of general music (who is nowadays?), but we are trying to blend musical genres to produce a definite sound that we can call our own. We have elements of Jazz, Metal, Post-Rock, Stoner Rock, Post-Hardcore etc etc in our songs, where-as a lot of the bands i saw at T-Break over the two days i was there were very uninteresting, and stuck to the one genre type for all their songs. That was the context of my comment.

To stress again, we are not disappointed about not getting through, as we felt there were stronger performances in our heat than ours (from one band who made it through, and one band that didn't). lots of fun was had, and i still consider the T-Break process a jolly good time.

hope thats cleared up some things